Hey beautiful people! Happy Friday to you. I hope you’ve had a great week. Here’s what I liked most about mine…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I have been craving brunch for a while now, and I was determined to satisfy that craving this week. I’m not talking about just any brunch. I’m talking about Saddle Ranch Chop House brunch with their bottomless mimosas and chicken and biscuits. It’s stupid delicious. So, this week we rounded up our pals (we all miraculously had the same morning off) and had a yummy brunch. And then, because we just can’t get enough of each other, we also went to see Furious 7 afterwards. It was epic. Now, people are using “epic” a little too loosely these days, but Furious 7 kinda deserves it. It’s amazing that Universal has created seven of these films with a cast that genuinely seems to have become family, AND they still aren’t done. I loved the guy who sat behind us at the theater who kept saying, “What?! No!,” about the crazy hi-jinks… Like he expected it to be totally realistic. Too funny. It was the perfect morning/afternoon with my best buds.
2. Lately, I’ve found myself pretty bored with my usual work outs, but I found a neat app that’s been helping with that. It’s called “Sworkit.” Basically you can select what kind of program you’d like to do (cardio, strength, etc) and for how long. Then it walks you through a variety of exercises for 30 seconds each. So simple! It’s nice to be able to tailor it to what I have time to do. And it stays fresh because you never know what move is coming up next. Perfect for anyone who gets bored easily or has limited time to sweat it out. Oh, and it’s free! I swear I’m not sponsoring this app, but I totally would. Check it out.
3. Pitch Perfect is one of my favorite movies. I have a list of five that I could literally turn on anytime, anywhere and be totally content. Pitch Perfect is certainly on that list. And my name tag at work (favorite Universal film). Well, there’s only one more month until Pitch Perfect 2, and I can’t wait!! So, this week I had to rewatch the first one for the hundredth time. Then I found a bunch of Pitch Perfect gifs that made me laugh hysterically. Enjoy!
4. Have you seen Lip Sync Battle on Spike? If not, you need to. It started out of one of the games Jimmy Fallon plays with his guests on The Tonight Show. People loved it so much that they decided to make it a stand alone show. Basically it’s celebrities trying out lip sync one another, and it’s hysterical. We just watched Anna Kendrick vs. John Krasinski, and I couldn’t decide which one of them I loved more. This is totally the show I needed to add to my list.
5. This week I found out that I will be putting on my trainer hat once again as Universal welcomes a Summer Guide Class! I am so pumped up about spending time with these new folks and doing all I can to prepare them for Tram life. And guess what? You could be one of them! If you are in the Los Angeles area and want to become a Studio Tour Guide, head to the open call from 2:00 PM – 4:00 PM on May 4th! Here’s a look at the details: Upcoming Auditions. I will see you there. :)
Apparently this post is all about Anna Kendrick. Not ashamed.
Have a fantastic weekend, you crazy kids!