It’s time for another…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. This week was my one month anniversary at my new job! I am still loving what I do. It’s exciting be active and on my feet, helping kids learn to use their bodies and muscles, and having so much fun while doing it! I also have to admit… this is my first “real” job. Yes, I have worked before… I babysat, got paid a little bit to tour, made money acting (which is ultimately what I want), and worked at my college theatre. I’ve had jobs, but I have never worked for a corporation. I had never even interviewed for a company of any kind. A little weird, I guess. But it’s true! So, here I am in my first “big girl job” (Haha), and I am really enjoying it. I’ve learned a lot over the last month, and I am looking forward to many more months to come!
2. One of my dear friends recently introduced me to a new author. Sarah Addison Allen (according to her Facebook page) “brings the full flavor of her southern upbringing to bear on her fiction — a captivating blend of fairy tale magic, heartwarming romance, and small-town sensibility.” After reading two of her novels, I can say this is certainly true! I have had such a good time reading her books. Maybe it’s because I am missing the South a little bit. Maybe it’s because I am a sucker for romance, fairy tales, and magic. Whatever the reason, I think her stories are great fun. This last week I read The Sugar Queen. I was truly enchanted by the quirky characters and the trouble they get into. I needed to add it to my list of favorites so I could recommend it to all of you! And really, I am just recommending Sarah Addison Allen in general. Go read her books!
3. I know that talking to long distance friends was on my list last week, but I just have to share my fun Wednesday. I did not expect to hear from so many of my wonderful friends! First, my husband and I got to Skype with five of our friends in Nashville. They were getting together to play the Game of Thrones board game; which is something we really miss. It was so fun to see them come up on the computer screen with the game in the middle. It almost felt like we were there just sitting around the circle with them, waiting to play the game. Skype is such a great invention! Then, I got a phone call from my wonderful friend Heather, and we had a great time catching up. After that, a text from the awesome Mary Jo. And finally, a voicemail from my world traveling friend Carrie all the way in Virginia. I can’t tell you how loved I felt that day, and how much it made me miss my friends! It also reminded me how important it is to stay in touch, and how good it feels when someone takes the time to let you know they care.
4. I get to spend the entire day today with my wonderful, smart, funny, talented, handsome husband! We haven’t been able to spend too much time together these last few weeks while we’ve both been in training for our new jobs. Today we both have the day off, and we are going to have an All-Day-Date! I’ll post more post date! 🙂
Post Date: We had an excellent day! We started off with lunch at Chin Chin in Beverly Hills. We drove around the hills for a little while, and then walked around Will Rogers Memorial Park for a little while. After that we went to the Westfield Shopping Center to poke around in some stores. That evening we headed to Encino for a delicious dinner at The Stand. We ended our night by seeing Bourne Legacy. It was a great and fun day out of the apartment and roaming our new city!
5. Good Morning Voldemort – This video is hilarious. As a lover of musical theatre and Harry Potter, this had to make my list. Check it out!