The most recent addition of…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Throughout my life, being a theatre person, a student, and working strange hours has meant that I never have a normal sleep schedule. Sometimes I am a night owl, but other times I am forced into being a morning person. For some reason, over the last week I have been waking up extremely early (for me). This has also meant that I am passing out earlier than normal at night… so the pattern continues. Early mornings. Early nights. I’ve got to say… I’ve kind of been enjoying it! There is something so nice about waking up in the morning and having time on your hands. I really like being able to wake up slowly. The extra few hours have given me the ability to relax, do things I’d like to do, and be productive. It’s amazing what that time shift can do for you. I guess I might make a habit out of catching that worm.
2. Friday has become “Date Day” for Dan and me. It’s the one day a week that neither of us are working. It’s been so fun to have the day together to hang out, go on adventures, try new things, and just spend time together. This week we went for a hike in Runyon Canyon. The view from the top is ridiculous! You can see all of Los Angeles sprawling out in front of you. (Okay, maybe it isn’t all of Los Angeles, but it sure felt like it). There is something so exciting about seeing that giant picture. It feels like a promise. 🙂 I am sure we’ll go back again soon. Tonight, we’re heading out for some mini-golf! Always a good opportunity to make a fool of myself! Fridays are my favorite.
3. I come from a long line of very strong and independent women. I admire the women in my family so much, and truly hope to emulate them all in various ways. This week I had some great conversations with my mom, Aunt Jill, and Grandma. There is something so comforting and encouraging about sharing my life with these amazing women. I am so thankful to have their advice, experience, stories, support, and love.
4. Donuts. In my humble opinion, they are the best dessert around. Sweet, savory, and simply scrumptious! Los Angeles is littered with delicious donut places, and I have frequented my fair share. Recently, my boss and I had a conversation about my love of donuts. He told me of a magical donut… covered in chocolate with chocolate chips melted on the inside. I could not believe something like that existed! To prove me wrong, he brought me one on Wednesday morning. Oh. My. Word. It might have been the most delectable thing I have ever eaten. I kid you not. Everyone must taste this incredible treat. I intend to do so again soon!
5. I received an email this week from one of my oldest and dearest friends. She was sharing an essay she had written several years ago about the bond between four best friends who had grown up together. Shared their lives, secrets, and dreams. I am so lucky to be one of these four. It may sound like an exaggeration, but I believe we share the kind of friendship people write books and movies about. Special. I am so thankful for these amazing women. I would not be the woman I am today without their presence in my life.
Wishing you a wonderful weekend, and, as always, a Happy Friday!