Cutting it close, but here it is…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I didn’t get to blogging until just now because I got to spend the day with some wonderful friends! Trina, Brittany, and baby Anderson made the trip to Los Angeles to spend the day with Dan and me. Brittany and I go way back…
We have shared so many great times, and there is nothing like having the chance to catch up with old friends. Trina and Brittany (and their entire family) are some of the most supportive, encouraging, and generous people I know. I am so thankful for their friendship and the way they have proved to be champions for Dan and me again and again. Seriously, these are incredible people. Today, we got to chat, hang out, and have a good time. We got to eat some delicious food, too! If you are in Los Angeles, you must go to Frankie and Johnny’s Pizza in Beverly Hills. According to my husband, it is seriously New York (also known as yummy) pizza. Another must, Sprinkles Cupcakes! Oh my word… their cupcakes are seriously good. They also have a pretty neat cupcake ATM outside their store. You order your cupcake, the screen shows you the machine picking it out, and then a little door slides open to reveal the adorable little box with your delicious cupcake inside! I am telling you, this world we live in is crazy. Anyway, all of that to say… lots of catching up, eating great food, and playing with a super cute baby made for an amazing day!
2. I am a Harry Potter fanatic. I have been since I was eleven years old waiting for my letter from Hogwarts. I think my
love obsession has only increased as I have gotten older. So, you can imagine that I was very excited when I heard about Pottermore. (If you haven’t heard, Pottermore is the new interactive website where you can read and take part in Harry’s journey. There are also new bits of information the author, J.K. Rowling, has included for users to find). I spent some time this week exploring the site, and had a lot of fun. It was a bit like being with childhood friends again, but this time I got to go to Hogwarts too! I actually got a tad emotional when I was sorted into Gryffindor. Discovering new things about my all-time favorite story has been my favorite part . I love knowing that Harry is still relevant today, and that he is going to be around for a long time to come.
3. So, when I began my journey into physical fitness about a year and a half ago, Jillian Michaels was the trainer I chose. I knew I was going to be working out at home so I invested in pretty much all of her DVDs. Let me tell you, she kicked my butt! I am in the best shape of my life and it really has a lot to do with Jillian Michaels. I would recommend her stuff to anyone! Most recently, she came out with a Kickboxing DVD, and I had to try it! I did each of the three work outs this week and loved it. This DVD is more fast paced than her others, and it also sticks to the 20 minute time limit. It’s fast, fun, and you can definitely feel it. Kickbox FastFix did not disappoint. Thanks Jillian!
4. This week I decided to SLOW DOWN. You can read more about it here:
My plan to do so is called “What’s the rush?” I think I am starting out on the right foot. Two nights this week I only watched television for about an hour so I could actually spend my time doing other things. I took time to focus and time to relax. The best part was I didn’t feel like a crazy person trying to do a million things at once. I am going keep trying to focus on one thing at a time and enjoy the process. Slow and steady!
5. This is kind of silly, but I have a little advice to share. If you are ever in need of an ego boost… put on your cutest dress (or, uh… outfit if you are a male. Or ya know, a dress if you prefer… whatever) and go to the grocery store! Okay… I don’t know if this is legitimate or not. But I did go to the grocery store in a cute dress this week, and I got stopped twice by people offering compliments! How nice is that?! I truly think that putting on something that makes you feel like your best you creates confidence that people notice. Looking your best often leads to feeling your best. It may not be about the clothes you wear, but never forget to put on your best self. 🙂
I hope everyone had a Friday as happy as mine! Good night!