Welcome to a special edition of…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
Lots of fun things happened this week, but I am going to have to share the details in a different post. This week I would like to spotlight the most selfless, brave, and hard-working woman I know. My mom. The amazing woman who brought me into this world is my hero and my best friend. I am so proud to be her daughter.
From an early age, she discovered a love of History and a desire to teach. She pursued her dreams and has become the favorite teach of many. Over the years, she has shared her gifts and talents with countless people. I am positive that if I took a poll of the people in her life they would rate her as a world-class daughter, sister, wife, mother, grandmother, friend, teacher, and lady. She has influenced so many hearts and lives… especially mine.
I get so many of my traits from my mother. I inherited her cleanliness, organizational skills, worrying habit (Sorry, Mom), and blue eyes. We are both planners. We like to know what’s coming and we like to be prepared. It is because of this that I could not believe it when my mom told me she was signing up to be a Mary Kay Beauty Consultant. (What?!) Now, my mom is a beautiful woman, but she had never really displayed any real interest in make-up or beauty products. They were just things that she used, not something she had a passion for. I was completely surprised.
Before I get ahead of myself, let me tell you how we were introduced to the world of Mary Kay. We wanted to do something fun before my wedding in 2010… So, Mom and I went to get Mary Kay facials from a friend of hers. We both fell in love with the product, and decided to invest in it. Over the next few months before I got married, Mom began to consider the opportunity and decided to give it a shot. She was going to become a beauty consultant and sell Mary Kay on the side. I was shocked by how excited she was and how much fun she was having. Little did I know how lasting this was going to be…
Two years later my mom is now a Mary Kay Director with her own unit AND a Mary Kay car to boot!! Let me tell you, no one deserves it more! In my almost 24 years, I don’t think any of my mom’s actions have surprised me as much as this adventure into the Pink Bubble. She truly loves and believes in this product. It is not just about make-up or looking pretty… it is about investing time, care, and love in yourself. It is about confidence. It is about feeling good about yourself. So, there she goes again… touching more hearts. Investing her time in people’s lives, giving them confidence, and being the friend they need. She has stepped out of her comfort zone time and time again to pursue her goals. She works ridiculously hard (Did I mention she is still teaching full-time too?). I truly do not know how she does it, but I am constantly in awe. This woman is my mom!!!
I am so proud of you, Mom. So, for this FFF I would like to share with you my Favorite Five Mary Kay products. Of course I am an avid customer, supporter, and fan. Actually, it’s all I use! So here we go:
1. Skin Care first! I love the Botanical Effects line which includes Mask, Cleanse, Freshen, and Hydrate. There are three different formulas for oily, normal, or dry skin. That means there is something for everyone. It’s so light and refreshing! I love the way it makes my skin feel.
2. TimeWise Matte-Wear Liquid Foundation. This award-winning foundation is creamy, smooth, and not heavy in the way most foundations tend to be. Plus, it matches skin tone better than any product I have ever seen!
3. Satin Lips. Most people who have heard of Mary Kay have heard of Satin Hands. Well, this product is similar, but for your lips! I promise that Satin Lips can give you the most kiss-able, baby soft lips you will ever have!
4. Okay, so I am rolling two into one this time. Mary Kay Eyeliner and Lash Love Mascara. This eyeliner looks gorgeous and stays put. The mascara is magic. Let me tell you… I have short eye lashes. They are not the beautiful, voluminous lashes that get complimented. When I wear Lash Love Mascara, I get compliments on my eye lashes! This product is that good.
5. Thinking of You. It’s the most delicious smelling perfume! In high school I was a Lucky girl… that was all I wore. I tend to choose one scent and stick with it. As soon as I smelled this for the first time, I was hooked! This is my fragrance.
Wow, I can’t tell you how hard it was to choose my top five… let alone stop at just five! The entire Mary Kay line is nothing short of fabulous. The company itself is a true testament of the founder, Mary Kay Ash. (If you don’t know much about this woman… look her up! Talk about fabulous). Mary Kay does amazing things for their clients and consultants alike. I am proud to be in a Mary Kay family. I am proud of my mom for being brave enough to try something new and working so hard to accomplish her goals.
If you want more information about Mary Kay, becoming a consultant, or the products… check out my mom’s website! I promise you won’t regret it.
Here’s to you, Mom!! Happy Friday!!