I can’t believe it’s time for the TENTH edition of…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. This week at work I received one of my all-time favorite compliments. One of my students approached me and said, “Joanna, your voice sounds a little bit like Mary Poppins.” Yes. I kid you not. How cute is that?! I was very flattered. I have since come to the conclusion that I am destined to work for Disney some day. How did I come to this conclusion you ask? Well, kids are constantly comparing me to Disney characters! First, the aforementioned Mary Poppins comment. Second, the little girls at work often tell me that I have “Rapunzel hair.” Third, another one of my favorite compliments came from my niece a couple years ago… we were watching a movie together and she turned to me and said, “Aunt Jo, you have beautiful lips like Pocahontas.” Again, I kid you not. Children say the funniest things, but I think maybe they’re onto something. 🙂 Look out, Disney!
2. Speaking of my “Rapunzel hair.” I have long hair and I love it. Personally, I think my hair is one of my best features. It took me years to grow it out, and I don’t know if I could ever chop it off. Well, my hair is experiencing some changes as it is getting used to the west coast climate. It hasn’t actually been great on my hair or my head. This week I found Clear Scalp & Hair Beauty Therapy. I bought the Strong Lengths shampoo and conditioner, and I am already noticing a difference. My hair is starting to feel healthy and normal again (and it smells wonderful!). I am so relieved! So, I am officially recommending this product to anyone looking for something new for their hair care. Check it out!
3. I have been trying to figure out the best way to dive into real meal planning, and it has been a process. It’s taken me a while to come up with a set of recipes that I use frequently. Plus, I’ve made trying to plan things out way more complicated than it needs to be. I am great at over-complicating. So, I’ve been working on all of this for a long time. But this week I actually did it. I sat down, decided what to make this week, made a list of all the ingredients I needed, and that was that! When we went to the store we only got like two things that weren’t on the list. I was so proud! 🙂 I am going to work to make this a regular thing for us. It makes life less complicated and it will help with our budget (which we are also giving a make-over). So, here’s to planning… one meal at a time!
4. My favorite season is upon us! Yes, I am talking about Fall, but I am also talking about television season! New shows are making their debuts hoping to win enough viewers to keep them around. Old favorites are coming back for another round. If you have not guessed, I love television. Really, I just love acting in all it’s forms. Some of the best work in the industry is currently happening on television. Movie stars are making their way to the small screen and television is in. I am very excited for all of my favorites to come back. (I am not going to share all of the titles because I might embarrass myself by admitting just how many shows I watch). A few I am looking forward to returning are Grey’s Anatomy, Modern Family, The Walking Dead, and American Horror Story. At this point the only new show that has really caught my eye is 666 Park Avenue. So, I will definitely be checking that out. Excited to see what this season has in store.
5. I love finding new recipes. There’s something so fun about trying something new. I have recently opened up my taste buds to many more flavors than they were used to. It’s been an exciting experience for me, and now I will try pretty much anything at least once. Although, I have discovered that I prefer to see a picture of what I am attempting to make before I make the attempt. Well, good news! A great source has just arrived. My husband’s cousin… my cousin-in-law?… is that a thing? Well, anyway… her name is Kristin. Kristin went to culinary school, and she has just started her own blog! She has been sharing wonderful recipes and posting the pictures to prove it. I cannot wait to give some of her recipes a shot. You need to see her blog! You can find her at: http://lemonclove.blogspot.com/ So, go see for yourself!
So, that’s it for me. Happy Friday, everyone! I can’t wait for next week’s adventures!