This last week was a weird one for me. Maybe it was just catching up to real life after our Nashville trip. Maybe it’s that I’m working a lot. Maybe it’s that the sun is coming out later and going to sleep sooner. Maybe it’s that I was getting sick. I don’t know… it was just weird, ya know?
To top it all off… I didn’t even do my usual Friday post. And guess what? No one noticed. Not even me. And that’s okay. But it got me thinking… I like doing my FFF posts. They’re really for me and for any friends or family that want to know what I’m up to. I started them because sometimes life as a grown-up just passes by. There’s nothing to separate the days, weeks, months… It can all be a blur. I want to remember the moments and the things that make them defined, individual, special. But I also didn’t start this blog to just have an online journal. I wanted a creative space. I wanted something to motivate me to explore my craft, try new things, and be adventurous. And I wanted the accountability of sharing it to push me to be my best me.
I had a weird week. But I’m resolving to get back to me. Get back to my creativity, my art, and, yes, my blog.
On that note, I did want to share a few of my favorite things.
If you know me at all… October is my favorite month. It brings beautiful Fall weather (to places that aren’t California), my two favorite holidays: Halloween and my birthday (which is this Friday… just sayin’), and all kinds of pumpkin things!
So, I am going to leave you with my…
Favorite Five (Not) Friday:
1. Pumpkin Candles. I have a delicious Pumpkin Spice one crackling next to me right now. It makes it feel like Fall even if it doesn’t look like it in the City of Angels.
2. Pumpkin Oatmeal. My friend Christy made me some for breakfast when we stayed with her in Nashville… I can’t even remember everything that was in it, but y’all… it was SO good.
3. Pumpkin Bread. Especially with chocolate chips. I just pulled this baby out of the oven!
4. Pumpkin flavored drinks. Yeah, the Pumpkin Spice Latte from Starbucks is good, but even better is the Jack O’Latte found at Bongo Java or Fido’s in good ol’ Nashville. Seriously delicious.
5. Pumpkin carving and decorating. It’s just so fun! My new favorite is this gem my Aunt Jill captured at a contest in New Hampshire this week.
There you have it! Now, I’m feeling festive and excited about the upcoming holidays. Maybe I’ll have to go watch Hocus Pocus for the third time this month. 🙂