Y’all, I have had an amazing birthday week! (Yes, I am one of those people who celebrate for a whole week… At least!) So, here’s the birthday edition of…
Favorite Five Friday
1. Being new in Los Angeles, I don’t have many friends here. This week I was able to get together with a few old friends, new and old! I can’t explain how happy it made me to spend time with friends, and to remember that I do have a life outside of work! I was introduced to Aroma Coffee and Tea (amazing) by an old high school friend who’s in L.A. to sing her heart out on NBC’s The Voice. We had a great time catching up. (Be sure to check Loren Allred out on The Voice – She’s ridiculously talented!) A new acquaintance invited me to a fitness class at Sky High. Jumping on trampolines is a seriously fun way to work out. I’m so excited to have made a new friend! I also got to meet up with two friends from Nashville who are also making their way in L.A. Conversations with people who have similar goals is always so stimulating. I feel truly refreshed by the presence of these friends in my life.
2. This week also marked the anniversary of the day my husband proposed! Three years ago on October 25th, Daniel stopped everyone in the middle of a matinée curtain call… Friends and family came flooding in the back door as he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him. It will always be one of my favorite memories, and it makes my birthday that much more special!
3. Of course, we all like presents, right? I mean… I’d be lying if I said that wasn’t one of my favorite parts. But the best thing about having a birthday is the people in your life who seek you out and send well wishes your way! It’s fun to get packages and letters in the mail from loved ones. I get so excited about every text and phone call. The continuous Facebook posts throughout the day make me so happy. It’s just nice to be thought of and celebrated. 🙂 I am so thankful!
4. So, I’ve said before that I’m not great at surprises, but my husband is the king of surprises. He always has something up his sleeve. This year he surprised me with a trip to Disneyland! Okay, so Disneyland is great anytime, but I have talked about being there on Halloween for years! Well, guess what?! This year I will be! We’re going to stay in Anaheim for a couple of nights and celebrate Halloween Disney style. I cried like a small child when Dan told me the news. I cannot wait!
5. More surprises! On my actual birthday (which is today)… My husband made plans for us to go to the L.A. County Art Museum for the afternoon and dinner this evening in a little Italian restaurant. Sounds perfect to me! 🙂 I’ll post pictures or an update on today’s adventures later! (Check out my post: Hello 24! for details!)
Birthdays are the best! I feel so blessed to be celebrated by the people I love. I think this next year is going to be one of my best! Happy Friday and Happy Birthday to me! 🙂