Hello! This week FFF is all about DISNEY! Going to Disneyland while the park is all dressed up for Halloween has been something I’ve been dying to do for a few years now. This year for my birthday my husband surprised me with a mini trip to Anaheim and tickets to Disney on Halloween! It was Spook-tacular! Here are my favorite things from our visit to the Happiest Place on Earth…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I love going on vacations of any kind… we only live about an hour away from Anaheim, but Dan and I decided to make a trip of it. We drove to Anaheim on Tuesday and checked into the Red Lion Hotel. It was pretty fancy, and most importantly… within walking distance of the park! We spent Tuesday evening exploring Downtown Disney and wishing we could go into the park. On Halloween, we woke up bright and early for our Disney experience! We spent the day hopping between Disneyland and California Adventure. It was a total blast! Then we trudged our way back to the hotel for a good night’s rest before heading home Thursday morning. Going to Disney for the day would have been enough, but having the chance to get away and do something different for a few days was so refreshing!
2. I was told that Disneyland on Halloween was going to be a mad house. Fortunately for us, that was not the case! There was hardly anyone at the park! We walked through the line and got straight onto practically every ride. I felt so spoiled! Not having to wait meant that we got to do every ride we wanted… and some more than once! It was fantastic!
3. The Haunted Mansion has always been my favorite ride at Disneyland… I think being an October kid sparked my interest in all things scary. We decided that had to be the first ride we went on. Halloween, ya know? But… the ride wasn’t working for the first few hours we were at the park! The workers said that always happened on Halloween. Spooky, right? 🙂 Well, they finally got the ride working and we were some of the first in line! For Halloween (and through the Holidays) they completely change the Haunted Mansion. It gets taken over by Jack Skellington and the Nightmare Before Christmas crew! The designers or whoever creates these rides and the updates truly outdid themselves! It was the Haunted Mansion like you wouldn’t believe (unless, of course, you have seen it)! The colors, the additional characters, the story line… it was like a whole new ride. We had so much fun that we almost turned around to do it all over again as soon as we got off. What a neat thing to do for the Holiday season!
4. Seeing the park dressed up in the Halloween motif and then all the kids (and grown-ups) in their costumes was such a treat! It was just another side of Disney that I had never seen before. We didn’t dress up for the day, but living in that Halloween land that had been created was so much fun. I might have to make going to Disneyland on Halloween an annual tradition. And maybe next year I’ll dress up. 🙂
5. We ended our day watching the World of Color at California Adventure. It was a water and lights show, and probably one of the coolest things I have ever seen. I don’t even know how to describe it! Saying they lit up blasts of water with color while they played music just doesn’t do it justice. At all. They created such beautiful images. I have to admit that I got a little teary. But, it is Disney… everything they do is magical. I think everyone should go see it for themselves, but here’s a video of it… check it out!
Disneyland will always be one of my favorite places on Earth. Everything about our trip was perfectly magical. I cannot wait to go back! Who wants to buy us Season Tickets?! 😉
Happy Friday! Have a magical weekend!!