Hello and welcome! It’s time for…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Starting off fresh with new goals in mind! If you saw my most recent post, you know that I am detoxing! I am getting back into healthy eating and my work out routine. It’s going well so far, and I have been feeling quite a bit better because of it. Feeling healthy and loving my daily dose of endorphins!
2. Thanksgiving is almost here! I cannot wait for the Holidays! 🙂 I’m not normally one to dive into Christmas before Turkey Day, but… I must confess… I have already watched Love Actually and The Holiday. Two of my Christmas faves. I think maybe I am trying to convince my brain that it really is November since it sure doesn’t feel like it in Cali! Whatever my motivation, I am not even sorry about it. Let the festivities begin!
3. I have made a new friend here in Los Angeles, and she’s seriously awesome. This week we went hiking in Laurel Canyon, and it was a beautiful day. We had quite an adventure traipsing around and trying not to get lost. (Including, that one time I fell and my water bottle had to be rescued). All in all, I think we hiked about six miles! Definite success.
4. Some (if not all) of you know that I am a somewhat newly reformed Coca-Cola addict. You know, I always thought it was more about the taste than the caffeine, but I think I might have been wrong. I came to the conclusion recently that I traded in one addiction for another… I dropped soda and almost immediately picked up coffee. I really enjoy coffee… I like having something warm to drink in the morning to wake me up. Coffee is great. And probably not as bad for me as my soda obsession (Although, I do like a whole lot of cream!). But I am tired of being held hostage by these vices. I don’t want to struggle through the day with a headache if I miss my morning cup. I don’t want to feel exhausted half way through the day when the caffeine has worn off. I don’t want to spend ten dollars a week on coffee and creamer! It is just something I do not need. I would like to get back to a point where I can have a nice mug of coffee if I so desire, and not because I have to have it. So, I am giving it up! I am day five of no coffee, and I am going strong! I have muddled through the headaches and the foggy brain… I think I am seeing the light at the end of the tunnel. And guess what? It feels great.
5. Oh, Twilight. I went from being a fan girl to a critic… I can admit the lure and entertainment value of the series. I am absolutely not blind to the atrocity of the movie franchise. So, the final movie just came out. Yeah, I will probably see it at some point. Yeah, I will probably dislike it… but I have to finish things. It’s just the way I was built. And believe me, I am glad this is over! But to help me get through it… I found this awesome video (You have to watch it!):
Somehow it helps to know there is someone who is happier than me to be ending this saga, and he put a lot more time into Twilight than me. Cheers, Robert Pattinson.
Happy Friday, beautiful people!