Another year has come and gone… I truly can’t believe it. 2012 was a great year, and I’ve been spending quite a bit of time reflecting on what happened, what didn’t happen, and where to go from here. I always like to look back on where I’ve come from… it sort of clears my head in terms of figuring out what is next. What do I want most. So, here’s a look at the happenings of 2012.
- We had a fabulous time ringing in 2012 at Chaffin’s Barn with wonderful friends and high hopes.
- We took a fun trip to Pennsylvania to visit family.
- I went to Salt Lake to be in one of oldest and best friends weddings.
- Dan and I got to be in the wedding uniting our best friends, Christy and Steven.
- We said tearful good-byes to our incredible friends, packed up, and moved across the country.
- We became California residents.
- We celebrated our 2 Year Anniversary.
- I started a blog. And kept up with it!
- I braved the freeways of Los Angeles.
- We explored California together (and with Heather)!
- We both found jobs in California.
- We both experienced being extras on the set of television shows.
- I got to cross going to Disneyland at Halloween and Christmas off my bucket list (But you better believe I’ll do it again)!
- We spent Thanksgiving with some of my Dad’s side of the family, and they met Dan for the first time.
- For the first time since I can remember, I went an entire year without being on stage. Without acting in general. (ouch).
- We have lived in California for 6 months. HALF A YEAR!
- We spent Christmas in Salt Lake City with my family and had a wonderful time.
- We rang in 2013 with high hopes for the year to come!
2012, it’s been real, but 2013, I am so ready for you!
I was going to say I’m not really one to make resolutions, but who am I kidding? I am exactly that person. I love setting goals almost as much as I love to achieve them. I won’t look at them as failures if they are not reached, but here are some goals for the next year (not necessarily in order of importance… just how I am spitting them out):
- Join an acting studio/take acting classes.
- Sign up for LA Casting.
- Submit to agencies and seek representation.
- Go to as many auditions as possible!
- Look for places to do theatre.
- Find a home church.
- Make friends, start creating a community.
- Continue blogging.
- Complete my 101 goals in 1001 days so I can get started!
- Continue to date my husband.
- Stay active.
- Remember to take care of myself.
There’s a basic list! My “mantra” for this year is going to be, “Do the things that scare you.” I know those are always the things that end up being the most worthwhile. Here’s to a fabulous year… 2013, bring it!