So, I’ve been crafting. I did quite a bit for Christmas, and I wanted to share what I did. I’ve had a lot of fun with it!
1. Salt Dough Ornaments and Gift Tags. I had seen the recipe for this on Pinterest and wanted to give it a shot. It turns out that the picture they use on the recipe is not actually for Salt Dough… so, don’t be deceived! But I made these and decided to use them anyway. They looked pretty cute on gift stuff. (Warning: my dogs did try to eat them).
acrylic paint on rubber stamps to do the art work.
2. Super Hero Ornaments. Another Pinterest idea! The original poster explained it all simply and it was pretty easy to do!
3. More ornaments! I saw the idea to do some clear ornaments filled with glitter. Well, let me tell you… this turned into my most difficult project. I tried glitter, and all it did was stick to the sides of the ornaments. That wasn’t the look I was going for so I tried tiny gold beads instead. I liked the beads a lot better. I used an acrylic marker and just did the lettering freehand. Added some ribbon to complete the ornaments.
4. My coworkers heard about my craftiness and approached me about creating the crafts for the kids at our Winter Camp. I had a lot of fun planning out the crafts and then teaching the kids how to do them. Maybe I should be an arts and crafts teacher. 😉
5. Homemade Calendar. Yep, another Pinterest find. Check out the post… it’s sort of a calendar/journal. You write down an event that happens each day. The following years, you recycle the calendar. You continue to write down what’s been happening, but you also get to look back on the years that have gone by. Cool, right? I don’t have pictures yet because mine isn’t really pretty yet, but it is functional. I finished this before the new year so I could put it to use.
There’s a crafting update, but I am far from done! My Grandma gave me a card making kit for Christmas, and I’m having lots of fun creating homemade cards. I also have plans to sew some throw pillow covers for our bed. Who knows what else I’ll do next?! But I am enjoying being a Crafting Queen.