It is the 20th EDITION of Favorite Five Friday! I can’t believe it! To celebrate the occasion and to give an update on my life since I’ve been slacking a wee bit… I’ve decided to make the 20th Edition a little bit different. So here’s 20 mini-favorites from the last few weeks…
FAVORITE FIVE FRENZY
1. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern. A wonderfully enchanting novel that will surely draw you into the magic.
2. 4 Audition Day. Self-explanatory insanity! It was a great day.
3. Downton Abbey. Finally caught onto the hype and finished the series in about a week. The characters, the costumes, the plots, the schemes, the setting, social commentary… Oh, to be British!
4. My new-found love of quinoa and avocados. (Not necessarily together). Delicious.
5. Auditioned to be a singer in a new Disneyland show. Didn’t make the cut and was pretty bummed. In this industry you don’t have any control over being cast or not, but you can work your hardest to present your very best performance in an audition. That’s all you can do, actually! I would have felt better about the audition if I felt like I had done my best. Maybe another time.
6. Dan and I both got cast in The Man Who Came to Dinner at Glendale Centre Theatre and the world got a bit smaller. GCT was founded by the same family that started Hale Centre Theatre in Utah. Hale was the first theatre to ever cast me in a paid role at age 12. We’re really excited to be involved and get back on the stage!
7. I’ve been compiling top 10 lists of my favorite actors, actresses, movies, directors, writers, etc. I’m trying to really figure out myself in film. What do I love most and what do I want to do…
8. No Tug Hair Ties. Seriously brilliant.
9. I completed the Living Free devotional by Beth Moore that I’ve been working on for a few months. I really enjoy her studies and this one was no different. I learned a ton!
10. Hired as a freelance writer for Write.com. It’s been interesting trying to figure it all out! I’ve learned a lot about writing styles and what I do and do not want to write about. I don’t know that it could be my only job, but it’s a great way to earn some extra cash.
11. Speaking of jobs, I need one. I am having a hard time trying to figure out what to do next. I want to do more freelance style work so I have the freedom to audition and take jobs, but I’m not sure how it’s going to work out. I need something with flexibility… I don’t know what that something is as of yet.
12. Pitch Perfect. See it. For real. I can’t believe I waited so long to watch it… Now I have seen it twice (okay, three times) in about a week. Hilarious…
13. I’ve been reevaluating my health and fitness lately… I can’t do such little activity or eat the same way I have been now that I don’t work at a gym chasing kids around 5 days a week. I’m getting back into a regular work out routine and I’m working my way back to eating better. Wish me luck… or self-control.
14. Disneyland Valentine’s Day. Super fun day with my super cute Valentine!
15. The Iliad Bookshop. A charming little hideaway with a ridiculous amount of books! I cannot wait to go back.
16. A new favorite verse: “Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.” — Psalm 143:8
17. When I saw the vocologist in Salt Lake she taught me a technique to help with my tired voice… All you need is a straw! I’ve been doing this a lot and I have noticed a difference. I feel like my voice is healing. If you’ve got a tired voice check out this video: titze-straw.mp2 – YouTube.
18. I’ve been reading the Beautiful Creatures series by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl for the last week or so. Intriguing fantasy for sure. I’m loving having a new series to read.
19. Los Angeles Ballet is offering a chance to dance this weekend! Several classes from 9:30 – 2:30 for free… Now, that’s a deal. I’m going with a friend and I can’t wait!
20. The Oscars are this weekend and I have seen almost every Oscar nominated film (At least for the “bigger” categories). I am so excited to watch and celebrate a year of fantastic films!
There is the frenzy for ya! A little look into my life for the last couple of weeks… here’s to more favorite things to report in the near future.