Hello Friends and Hello Friday! Here’s my list of favorites from this week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. The Skinny Rules by Bob Harper is a simple and helpful guide to eating your way thin. “You can eat your way through any amount of exercise.” “Abs are made in the kitchen.” “You are what you eat.” All of those clichés about food are true. It’s important to know and care about what you are putting in your body. I am not always great at that… It can seem like so much more work to eat better. Bob Harper wrote these Skinny Rules to give people some realistic guidelines to follow. He spells it all out for you so you know exactly what to do. It’s a short, interesting read with a plan of action and tons of great recipes! If you struggle with choosing the right food like me, check this book out!
2. I’ve had two callbacks this week and a few other auditions sprinkled in. It feels good to be getting out there and gaining experience. Each good audition is something I can be proud of. Each bad audition is something I can learn from. Each rejection adds a new layer to my growing thick skin. Each yes or bit of positive feedback is a goal achieved. Being an actor is ridiculously exciting.
3. New plans and pages are in the works for my blog! I’m excited to start bringing some more ideas, thoughts, and fun to The Art of Acting Up. That’s what I started it for. 🙂 (Now, if only someone wanted to pay me to write this blog… sigh, I did not make my goal of 25 articles last week, but I was close.) Be on the look out for some new things soon!
4. So, I started following the Skinny Rules and I am taking my husband along for the ride. We’ve been able to spend a lot of time together this week, and it’s been so fun! We’ve had a great time working out together, cooking together, and actually sitting down at our table to eat meals together. My husband is the best.
5. I have also been reading a fabulous book by Paul Russell (a casting director, director, and former actor) called Acting: Make It Your Business. It’s a fantastic book with so much insider information and advice. I am enjoying Russell’s semi-snarky humor and his ability to write in such a way that I can almost literally feel him kicking my butt into gear. He also brought on a group of 8 working actors to share their own insight and experiences. It’s a pretty fantastic collaboration thus far and I’m not even halfway through! Here’s one of my favorite quotes from my reading this week: “Have faith in yourself, for doubt will undermine your pursuit in obtaining your goals.” This was said in relation to acting, but I think the same can be said no matter who you are or what you do. We all need to have faith in ourselves and believe we can reach our goals in order to actually obtain them. I’ll be adding that to my list of goals. 😉
That’s my week in a nutshell. I feel refreshed, empowered, and inspired. I hope your week was even better!
Go do something exciting!