Friday again! It’s been a really wonderful week. Take a look…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I completed my first 101 in 1001 goal! This week I relearned all 50 state capitals. It didn’t take me too long since I learned them once upon a time in school. But I know them now and I feel a little bit smarter. Quiz me!
2. It’s been warm enough to wear dresses and shorts this week, and I got quite a few compliments on my legs from my cast mates. This was very strange for me… I’ve never thought my legs were very “compliment-able.” I’m just a short girl with short legs. BUT I have been doing a mini ballet work out about five times a week for the last month or two. It’s quick, simple, and gets results. I’ve noticed my legs getting slimmer and more toned — apparently I’m not the only one! 🙂 Check it out!! Thinner thighs: 6 Moves to leaner legs
3. I am happy to announce that this week I signed with Element Talent Agency! They will be representing me commercially and I can’t wait to get out there and really start auditioning. Good things in the works. 🙂
4. Today I got to spend a few hours with two of my dearest friends. Brittany, Sarah, and I have known each other since we were teenagers and have remained friends throughout the years. We may not get to see each other often, but these girls are just the best. I am so blessed to have them in my life.
5. Today is Good Friday. The day that Jesus became the sacrifice for our transgressions… it doesn’t sound good at all. But it is the best Friday because it is the day of grace. The day we became forgiven because of God’s unfailing love for this world and Jesus’ selfless act to save us. God’s love has been on my mind a lot this week. A friend of mine wrote a great post recently in which he said,
“Even if you don’t believe it, reflect on this kind of love. Regardless of where you’re coming from, regardless of what you’ve done, who you think you are, who others think you are: think about the kind of love that says to you, “I know you, all of you, and I love you so much I’m willing to die for you.” That’s what Jesus is saying.”
It’s as simple and as HUGE as that. I love that I have a diverse group of friends with different thoughts and beliefs. I love that they challenge me and help me ask questions. I love that my faith is constantly growing. But no matter what you believe, reflect on that kind of love. That is the kind of love I want. That is the kind of love I know God has for all of us. That is the kind of love I know God has for me. I am so humbled and so thankful. It truly is a Good Friday. (You can check out the full blog here: Tyler Torti • Thoughts on Equality)
“Til on that cross as Jesus died
The wrath of God was satisfied
For every sin on Him was laid
Here in the death of Christ I live.”
Have a wonderful Friday and a Happy Easter, everyone!