I can’t believe it’s already Friday again — this week has flown by! This is what I’ve been up to…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. The Man Who Came to Dinner opened at Glendale Centre Theatre! It’s been a lengthy process, but the show is finally up and running. We had a great opening weekend and really enthusiastic crowds. I’m enjoying my cast mates, the fabulous 1930’s costumes, and getting back on the stage. Come check us out if you’re in the L.A. area.
2. Shameless had its season finale this week. I don’t know if I have talked about my love for this show at all, but I am crazy about it. It’s a series about a family that quite literally has nothing but each other. It’s gritty, raw, and completely dysfunctional. It is so far from the neat and tidy life I’ve been blessed to have that I am just so fascinated by it. Not having a rebellious bone in my body, there is something that just strikes me about the Gallagher family way of life. Fabulous performances by Emmy Rossum, William H. Macy, Joan Cusack, and the rest of the cast make this show irresistible. (**This show would certainly not appeal to everyone and is recommended for mature audiences only**) I am definitely a fan. Can’t wait to have Shameless back next year!
3. My mom found this gem and sent it to me this week… my first play. I had the role of Little Red in a 1950’s musical version of Little Red Riding Hood. (My Grandma made me that amazing poodle skirt!) This is where my love of acting began. Humble beginnings indeed!
4. I’ve had a couple of job interviews/auditions this week at Universal Studios. I am applying to be one of their studio tour guides, and it has been quite the process. Universal calls this job a stepping stone to other careers in the film industry – so, it’s right where I want to be! The studio tour is my favorite part of Universal Studios — there is just something so magical about going behind the scenes and seeing how movies are made. Being a part of that and getting to share Universal’s fantastic film history with guests seeking out a taste of Hollywood sounds like a blast to me! I have made it to the final stage of the application process and I have my final interview in a week and a half. Send me prayers and positivity, friends!
5. You may remember that a couple of weeks ago I got to play a role in an episode of Soul Pancake’s The FlipSide. Well, it aired this week! I am so proud to have a small cameo in this really fantastic episode called The Watch. It will give you warm fuzzies, I promise. So, go watch it!
Happy Friday, one and all!!!