Hello Friday! It’s been a lovely week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. One of my 101 in 1001 goals is to complete some new things that I’ve found on Pinterest. It’s a great way to get into some fun projects and actually look through some of the bajillion things I’ve pinned. This week I went Pinterest crazy and tried four or five new things. From growing plants in glasses of water to homemade cleaning products, I learned a lot! Can’t wait to tell you more about the specific things I tried in a later post.
2. I got to mark off another one of my 101 this week. I spent a perfect morning with my friend Leah, and she taught me how to braid! Okay, so… yes, I know how to do a simple braid. I don’t do them often because A) My hair is long, B) That makes it hard, and C) I am terrible at it. However, I never learned how to French braid. I’ve always wanted to learn. So, Leah helped me become a real girl and taught me how! I have been practicing all week, and I am very proud of my new braiding skills. Mostly it was just fantastic to hang out with Leah. Plus, we got in a fun photo shoot:
3. Dan and I got to go see our friend Kelli in one of my favorite shows, See How They Run. I was excited to go because it’s been a while since I’ve actually been able to see a play. Dan had never seen the show before, and I knew he’d love it, too. We laughed a lot, had a great time, and Kelli was fabulous! 🙂
4. The best part of having an annual pass to Disneyland? Getting to go (practically) whenever you want!! (Seriously, it is the gift that just keeps on giving. Thanks Mom and Dad!) So, like the giant children we are, Dan and I went twice this week. That’s right. We already had plans to go on Tuesday, but after seeing Kelli’s matinée (just a few exits down from the Happiest Place on Earth) on Sunday… we decided we might as well spend our evening there! Why not, right? We had a blast both times, as per usual. The park is much less crowded this time of year, and we got to enjoy everything we wanted. Y’all, Disneyland is for lovers and small children. I will proudly label myself as both!
5. I GOT A JOB!!! And I am ridiculously excited. After weeks of auditions and interviews, I have been hired as a Universal Studios tour guide. This is a fantastic opportunity and I am just so thankful. It’s a total dream to find a job within the industry I want to be a part of. I have the chance to network, expand my knowledge, and to share the magic of film making with all the people who come to Universal Studios seeking a glimpse of Hollywood. God truly flung this door wide open for me, and I am going to dance right through it!
What a wonderful week. I hope yours was too!
Happy Friday to you. 🙂