What a whirlwind week! From The Man Who Came to Dinner and the new job to flying home and family… I have been one busy girl. Thus, FFF is coming to you on Saturday. 🙂 I got to take an impromptu trip to Salt Lake City to visit my family this week. It was much-needed and much too short! Here are my favorite things from this week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I love my family. Near and far, immediate and extended. Family is so special to me, and I think I have the best one in the world. I got to see so many family members this week… and I feel so rejuvenated by it. Laughing with my dad, spending an afternoon with my Grandma, chatting with aunts, cousins, and uncle. We also got to have several family meals this week. Some with just my next of kin, some with my mom’s side, some with my dad’s side. It was wonderful to get to hug them all and catch up. Family is the best.
2. Friends are also the best. I got to sneak in a few quick visits with some of my oldest friends. I would have loved to have seen all of my friends in Utah, but there just weren’t enough hours in the day! I love that even though I haven’t lived in Utah in seven years, I can pick up with my friends where we left off. We have all grown older and our lives have changed, but I know our friendship will remain.
3. My awesome brother has been working on a healthy new lifestyle. I am so proud of him and all he has accomplished! This week he shared his favorite fitness craze with me — Crossfit! Y’all, it was awesome. I loved the work out, the atmosphere, the challenge. I would recommend it to everyone. It was so fun to take a peak into what my brother has been up to. I wish I could go with him every week.
4. My niece is my mini-me. She looks so much like me and definitely shares some of my personality traits and interests. I love it when I hear she wants to do things “just like Aunt Jo.” It breaks my heart that I only get to see her every few months, but my time with her is always precious. She grows and changes so much in the time we are apart. This week I loved to hear her read to me, braid her hair (with my new braiding skills), and watch her make up stories and put on puppet shows. She is just so special. I am honored to be a role model to her even from miles away.
5. I had an amazing all-day date with my mom this week. We shopped, saw a movie, got nails done, got lunch from one of my favorite places. It was perfect. There is nothing like getting to spend time with your mom. She knows me better than anyone and always knows just what I need. It’s such a blessing to be able to call her my mom and my best friend.
I am feeling so joyful this week. I have so much to be thankful for.
Happy Fri… Saturday, friends!