Friday is here again! It’s been an unusual week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I worked my first shift as a Universal Studios Tour Guide this week. I learned so much during those eight hours. Not even my (excellent) training could have prepared me for some of the situations that occurred. You see, the first time you ever get to run the whole tour from start to finish, including all clips and animations, on microphone and in the guide’s chair… is on the first tour you give! A little bit terrifying, to say the least. The first tour was a bit rough for me, but I figured it out as I went. I made it through! And nobody asked for their money back or threw rotten food at me. I will call that a success. 🙂 The second and third tours I gave went much better — I gave solid tours that I felt proud of. Dan even came and took my last tour of the day. I can’t wait to get back to Universal and work on making my tour outstanding!
2. After a seven-year hiatus, Arrested Development came back with a bang! All 15 episodes of their new season began streaming on Netflix on Sunday. I cannot lie, Dan and I stayed in our PJ’s all day and watched every episode. We took breaks in between and got other things done, but mostly we just curled up on the couch to watch the Bluths. I know some people think the creators made a huge mistake with season four of Arrested Development, but this girl loved it.
3. The Hackman’s have recently been
scouting desperately seeking a new apartment… it has been quite the process. I loathe apartment hunting, and, to top it all off, we’ve had some terrible luck. This week, we found our dream apartment and fell in love with it. We applied immediately and have been anxiously awaiting news all week. Today, we were told that the owners offered it to someone else who accepted it. To rub salt in the wound, we were also told that we were next on the list if that someone had declined. We’re both pretty heartbroken about it… This is certainly not a favorite thing, but I am trying to remain calm and trust that God has us covered. Just before we got the bad news, we found out that a one bedroom literally across the hall from us in our current complex opened up. We’re thinking it might be just what we need. This new option would save us a lot of money, and the move would be absurdly simple. It’s not our dream apartment, but maybe it’s the right choice for now. We’ll find out on Monday if we can move in. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers – we’re both so ready to finally have something settled.
4. Disneyland, Disneyland, DISNEYLAND. Because we are the proud owners of annual passes, we try to visit the Mouse at least once a month. We were long past due for a dose of Disney as May is almost at an end. It was a wonderful day… But I think that’s just a given considering where we spent it!
5. Thursday was such a good day! I got to visit with my beautiful friend and mentor, Alison, in her gorgeous home. Then, I met up with my lovely friend Catherine for dinner at one of my favorite places, Aroma Cafe. And finally, I ended the evening with Karaoke and a fantastic Tour Guide gathering – these people are the best. It feels so good to have people in LA. Friends to call, hang out with, do life with. It puts me at ease and makes me feel just a little bit more settled. LA could be home. 🙂
Ending this week on a hopeful note and looking forward to what’s to come.
Happy Friday, one and all!