Seriously, 40 weeks worth of Favorite Five Friday… I am completely shocked, but proud of this accomplishment. It’s easy to get so caught up in the whirlwind of life and miss the things that are happening. Days blur into months and soon enough a whole year has gone by. I started writing FFF because I wanted to remember. I wanted something to separate my days and weeks to make them each significant. Even the weeks where not too much has happened (like this one)… it’s still a part of my journey. Each day matters… I’m trying not to forget to make my days count. With that said, here are my favorite things about this week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I have been accepted as a new VIP Guide at Universal Studios! My journey into the VIP Experience will begin with Halloween Horror Nights (a very cool Halloween event we do in the park), and I started training this week. It’s exciting to be learning new things, and, if you know me at all, you know I LOVE me some Halloween. I am thrilled to be a VIP Guide and to spend the next month immersed in all things Halloween!
2. I’ve been wanting to do meal planning for a while now… planning out our food for the week so we only get what we need at the store. I think this will help us to be less wasteful and keep us in line financially. It’s taken me forever to really work it out, but I finally did it this week. Honestly, I think I’ve been over-complicating it. (Sounds like something I would do). I also downloaded the Grocery IQ app so I could make my list, add in prices, and know how much I was going to spend at the store. It’s a lot of details! Of course, things can change throughout the week, but I feel good about it. It’s nice knowing what our next meal is going to be.
3. Dan’s birthday is next week! It’s been fun planning out what we will be doing to celebrate. We’ve got a lot of great things planned – I can’t wait to share next week!
4. Leah and I got together for a sewing night, and it turned into a total overhaul of my closet. There are so many pieces of clothing that I have just been holding on to for no reason. It helped to have Leah there to be brutally honest about what should stay and what had to go. I would still like pare my closet down a little more, but I feel good about it for now. And I did get a couple of sewing projects done too. Successful evening for sure.
5. This week I had a friend/mentor tell me my job for the week was to get my faith back. That had a really powerful effect on me. Now, don’t get me wrong… I haven’t stopped believing in God, but sometimes it can be so hard to hear him over all the noise. All the chaos, clutter, and craziness of living in L.A. She reminded me that having faith in him was the best way to get back to believing in myself. Offering my fears, doubts, and worries up to him brings that peace that transcends all understanding. It allows me to be me, no longer masked by fear and confident in the gifts and passions God gave me.
So, that’s what’s up! I hope you’ve had a wonderful week.