Okay, I know it is not Friday, but the weekend has not ended quite yet! It has been such a busy week, and I have lots to share. Most of it centers around my handsome husbands birthday and Fall! Here is what I’ve been up to…
1. Dan and I recently moved to a new area in Los Angeles, and it was about time to really check out the neighborhood. There is a TON going on in the NoHo Arts District! For Dan’s birthday, we decided to gather a group of friends and go check it out. I don’t think I have ever “bar-hopped” before, but we ended up hanging out in three very different and cool places all on the same block. It was such a fun night out in the exciting city we live in. I loved celebrating Dan with our wonderful friends.
2. This is the Hackman Year of Disney, and, as such, we celebrate pretty much all holidays there… Naturally, we had to make a trip for Dan’s big day!! It was also the opening week of Halloween Time at Disney and Nightmare Before Christmas at the Haunted Mansion — Our favorite. 🙂
3. It feels like Fall is finally here! It’s my most favorite season. The weather has gotten cooler and my week has been filled with scary movies, pumpkin scented candles, chocolate-chip pumpkin bread, and crockpot applesauce. Bring it on, Fall!
4. To add to my Fall Fever, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal has begun!! We got to go to the employee preview night on Wednesday and experience all the attractions as guests. It was quite the ride! Dan and I caught up on some of the films the mazes and scarezones were based on (The Purge, Insidious, Evil Dead) so we could really see how they measured up. I can tell you John Murdy and the HHN team have truly outdone themselves. I am so excited to be a guide for Horror Nights, and get to immerse myself in Halloween for 6 weeks! If you are in the L.A. area, come on over to Universal Studios Hollywood and check out Halloween Horror Nights!
5. With the beginning of HHN also came my first shifts as a VIP Guide. It’s a completely different world, and I feel like I still have so much to learn. (Which makes me excited). It’s neat to have a job that changes all the time – it certainly keeps things interesting. I am enjoying the guest interaction and guest reaction to the event. It’s been a whole lot of fun so far. Can’t wait to see what the next 6 weeks brings.
I hope you have all had a FABULOUS weekend, and that your week will be even better!
Thanks for stopping by!