Hello!! So, I was defeated by the blog last week. I wrote an entire FFF post on my phone, and in one wrong finger swipe it was gone! I was so annoyed that I decided to give my blog the cold shoulder. BUT I am back. Welcome to…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. This week I have learned the importance of being well rested. With the craziness (read: fun) of Halloween Horror Nights, I don’t get home until 2 or 3 in the morning. I wake up exhausted, fumble through the day, and then go back and do it again. It’s really only the weekend that I’m working this “graveyard” (Get it – for Halloween?!) shift, but it is messing with my sleep cycle for sure. My whole week just feels a little lopsided. I’ve been trying to be productive and maintain some sort of routine, but I am just fatigued. After talking with some wise women about it, I realized I just need to do what I can, and not feel guilty about getting the rest I need. It’s just one month! And I plan on enjoying it. 🙂
2. Next week I am auditioning for Universal’s Tour Guide Showcase… I’ve been working with my awesome scene partner for the last couple weeks, and I am super excited. It feels so good to be diving into rehearsals, script analysis, and character development. I had a moment of clarity while running our scene this week where I realized… this is it. This is what I am meant to do. I am an actor. Sometimes it feels hard to share that out loud… I am an actor. Like by saying it I am being presumptuous or full of myself. I get nervous about coming off as arrogant, but I have realized that I also need to take pride in myself and what I’m doing. I am proud of being an actor. I am proud of the gifts God has given me. I am proud to pursue this as a career. I am an actor.
3. The best show on television came to an epic end this week… that’s right, Breaking Bad. Being a fan of this show has been quite the ride. It is truly amazing to watch such talented actors work. I hope that one day I will be a part of something half as amazing… wait a second, no… I hope to be a part of something equally as amazing as Breaking Bad. Also, here is an awesome video of Bryan Cranston (the star of Breaking Bad) with some words of wisdom to aspiring actors:
4. Dan and I had a super fun date day this week! We wandered around the NoHo Arts District, perused some thrift shops, ate at Republic of Pie (which reminded us of Nashville), saw Prisoners (fantastic film), and explored the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences Hall of Fame Plaza (It’s outside and very neat). It was a wonderful day spent together.
5. I have been told numerous times by one of my favorite people, “You don’t know what you don’t know.” Stop worrying about things you don’t know, and ASK. Do something to move forward. This has been resonating with me this week… And I’ve taken some risks. I was scared, but I’ve asked for things that I wanted… and guess what? Most of the time the answer was yes. 🙂 So, you don’t know what you don’t know. Go ahead and ask!!
There you have it… Also, October is here!! (If you know me at all, you know this is my most favorite time of the year) So, Happy Friday and Happy October! Go celebrate!