Hello to you! I hope your holiday season is off to a fabulous start. 🙂 Well, I missed last week because I made a wonderfully unexpected trip home for Thanksgiving. I have so much to be thankful for…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Thanksgiving. I know that some people say that we shouldn’t need one day to give thanks – we should just be thankful all the time. Alas, we are human. We can be selfish, impatient, ungrateful… Maybe I can’t speak for everyone, but I know all of those words could be used to describe me at one point or another. I am so flawed, but I am also so thankful. For my wonderful and supportive family, my friends – new and old, a job that keeps things interesting, a passion that drives me, and a God who loves me so much that I have been given this beautiful life. Thanksgiving is such a joyful reminder of all the love and light in my life. Absolutely, we should strive to be thankful all year round, but I, for one, am still happy to have a day set a side to be reminded and refreshed.
2. I am a book-worm – always have been, always will be. This last week (okay, let’s be honest… less than a week) I plowed through the Divergent series by Veronica Roth. I don’t know if I heard about the movie (coming out next year) or the books first, but I knew I wanted to know this story. I think I kind of have a (weird) thing for dystopian stories… So, I charged into the series, and literally could not stop. All of my free time in the last week has been taken up by reading about Tris Prior and her journey to become the person she wants to be. There is something so relatable and admirable about Tris. Her strengths, flaws, choices, beliefs. This is a story worth losing yourself in for a while, and I’m glad I did. So, check out the Divergent Series (Divergent, Insurgent, & Allegiant). I promise it’s gonna be all the rage in the next few months. 😉
3. I have been in VIP Training at Universal for the last month! It has been quite the process, and I have learned a lot. Yesterday I took my VIP test, and soon I will know if I will be an official VIP Guide. I am hoping the answer is yes, but in general, I am just thankful for my job. I love being a Tour Guide whether it is for the VIP Experience or if I’m taking guests through the Studio on the tram. There is never a dull moment! Working for the studio also keeps my dreams at the forefront of my mind, and it pushes me to keep working for them. This is a place I am happy to be.
4. Love, love my friends! I am so glad I got to catch up with so many of my favorite people while I was home for Thanksgiving. These people will always hold a piece of my heart.
5. My family is the best. Seriously. I found out the Friday before Thanksgiving that I wasn’t scheduled to work at all the next week, and I had expected to be working right through the holiday! I was super disappointed because we hadn’t made any Thanksgiving plans. When my dad found out, he crafted a sneaky plan to fly Dan and me home to surprise my mom for her birthday (which was on Monday – Happy Birthday, Mom!) Tickets were purchased and a day and a half later we were on a plane. We had a blast surprising everyone with our arrival – particularly my mom. It was so wonderful to relax at home and spend time with my crazy, amazing family. This was also my first Thanksgiving home in SEVEN years. I feel truly blessed to have been able to take this trip. It will definitely be one of my favorite Thanksgiving memories for years to come.
Happy Friday and Happy Holidays! 🙂