The first post of 2014!! I am so excited for this brand new year. Before diving in to 2014, I wanted to share my favorite holiday experiences since I haven’t posted in a couple weeks. There is so much goodness to reflect on from 2013. Here is the Holiday edition of…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. It is certainly movie season! Gearing up for the awards shows means the release of some really great films. Dan and I got to see three critically acclaimed movies over the holidays. My awesome parents sent us on our way to go see Saving Mr. Banks on Christmas Day. It was the perfect movie to celebrate with. We love living within walking distance of our favorite theatre.
2. We spent our first Christmas in Los Angeles, and I am so thankful we have wonderful friends we could share the day with. My beautiful friend Alison invited us over for a Christmas Dinner with lots of family and friends. We got to decorate ornaments, eat delicious food, and spend time with great people. It was a Merry Christmas!
3. I love Christmas traditions. Dan and I have a few together and with my family. Here are some of my favorites:
Christmas Eve Pajamas:
Denny’s for Christmas Eve (Like on The Santa Clause – It’s an American Institution!):
More of The Santa Clause! We like to watch it while we east breakfast (cinnamon rolls) and open presents (we try to make it through our Christmas movie collection each December):
And, of course, talking with friends and family (this includes opening crazy puzzle boxes from Aunt Jill. Always a great competition – even when it’s over Skype. I won this year!) so we can celebrate the day together even from afar. 🙂
4. Grinchmas! It has been a huge part of my holiday season. I love seeing the whimsical decorations and my crazy co-workers. It’s been great to have a really steady time at work before things get a little quiet around here.
5. Dan and I went with our friends, Trevor and Lauryn to Downtown Los Angeles to ring in the New Year. It was the first New Year’s Eve L.A. Celebration at Grand Park. It was crowded and insane, but neat to be out there with so many Angelenos. Most importantly I got to celebrate the start of 2014 with friends and my favorite person. Bring it on 2014!
Happy Friday and Happy New Year!!!