Is it Friday already?! It sure is. You know what that means. It’s time for…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I have been BodyRocking. If you don’t know what that means… it’s okay. It was new to me too. There is an awesome site called dailyhiit.com (HIIT = High-Intensity Interval Training) and it is filled with great workout videos, advice, and challenges. The folks who run/use the site call themselves BodyRockers (I believe that used to be the name of the site). They have a 30 Day challenge happening right now called Catching Fire (Umm… how could I not love that). Each day there is a 12 minute HIIT to complete, and believe me, that 12 minutes kicks your booty! Tomorrow is Day 11, and I’ m loving these short, effective work outs.
2. I met a lovely new friend at work, and she invited me to go to church with her this week. I was floored when I checked out the church and realized it’s only a couple blocks away from my apartment. Dan and I haven’t found a church home since being out here in Los Angeles… that’s been pretty tough for me. Finding a place where you feel comfortable and welcome in such a big city is hard to do (especially when we both work Sundays most of the time). Well, Sunday night rolled around and I was excited to head out to C3. It was the smallest, most intimate service I’ve been to since arriving in L.A. I mean, small enough that people actually spoke to me and welcomed me. The music was awesome, the message was powerful, and the people made me feel at home. Needless to say, I had a great experience and I cannot wait to go back.
3. Date Night / Game Night! We had two of our favorite couples over for a game night this week, and we had so much fun. The six of us had been trying to get together for weeks, but we couldn’t get our schedules to match up. Well, it turned out what we needed to do was forget having a plan and throw it together at the last-minute. Apparently, that is how you make things work! I haven’t laughed that hard in a long time – it was an evening well spent.
4. I went to a few workshops and a couple of auditions this week. There were good and bad things about all of it. Mostly, I learned a lot…
I had a workshop where I felt like I read terribly. I lost focus in the room, and let me nerves take over my body. I stopped listening, stopped connecting. I spun into a very uninteresting version of myself. Now, you may think I am being hard on myself… Maybe I am… But I left that room feeling like I had no business walking in in the first place.
BUT… I learned from it. It’s not always easy to look back at a “performance” and pinpoint where things fell apart or what exactly went wrong. Most of the time it just feels bad, but I am unsure why. This time, I was able to look at the work I had done objectively and actually figure out what I could have done better. I found specific things I could work on to help me succeed next time. I picked myself up, dusted myself off, and moved on.
Today, I had a really fantastic audition. I got to utilize some of the new things I am working on, and I feel like I succeeded. I have no clue how this audition will pan out, but I know I went in there and I did something good. I may not be able to do that every time, but I know I am capable. I think I will call that growth, and that is something to be proud of.
5. My beautiful and talented friend, Leah, has done it again! Remember I was telling you about our Fairy photo shoot? Well, check this out!
Head on over to her website to check out the other two photos in this three-part photo series:
That’s my week in a nutshell! How was yours?