Valentine’s Day AND Friday?! What a beautiful coincidence, and it’s been a beautiful week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. This week we had a Tour Guide “Thank You” Event at Samba on City Walk. It was a great time to catch up and celebrate another successful year of the tour (This year will be the 50th anniversary of the Studio Tour, by the way!). I’m so proud to have become a part of such an amazing history. I also have to say it’s pretty neat to work with such an awesome group of people who I can also call my friends.
2. It’s been a week since I quit Facebook! Y’know… I haven’t really missed it. Sure, there have been a couple of times that I wound up on Twitter or Instagram a bit longer than I intended, but I am working on it. I’ve definitely had a lot more free time, and I’ve been pretty productive. That means you can expect another Pinterest post in the very near future!
3. Today I completed Daily Hiit’s 30 Day Challenge: Catching Fire. Whew! I love meeting my goals. 🙂 If this challenge has taught me anything, it’s that there is always time to take care of yourself. These work outs were only 12 minutes each. Honestly, I was a little nervous at first that I wasn’t going to get a good enough work out in such a short time. I found that I pushed myself harder knowing that I only had 12 minutes. That’s it. 12 minutes! There are always days that I don’t feel like working out or putting the time in, but now I don’t have an excuse. A quarter of an hour is such a small part of my day… no more excuses. I’ve got to take care of me. 🙂
4. Ah, excellent segue… this week I took another step to take care of me (and Dan). I’ve reached regular part-time status at Universal which means I am now eligible for benefits. Dan and I made the choice to get covered, and I am breathing a huge sigh of relief.
5. Valentine’s Day! Some people love it, some people hate it… I just like to think of it as another day to celebrate love. 🙂 Dan had to work tonight so we went on multiple “Valentine’s dates” this week to celebrate. (I promise, none of our dates included Disneyland… this time).Fa
- Tuesday, we spent the afternoon at Universal to catch some rides and, of course, take the tour. Work and play at the Entertainment Capital of L.A.
- Wednesday, we went to Santa Monica for the day to soak up the sun. We ate lunch by the beach, rented bicycles and rode down to Venice Beach, sat and read on the pier, walked around the promenade, and treated ourselves to a Nutella milkshake. It was a beautiful day!
- Thursday, we went on a movie date to see Nebraska at the Laemmle. We’re trying to see all the Oscar Nominated films before the Academy Awards, and we’re getting closer!
- Finally on Friday, we took a morning walk to one of our favorite places, Aroma Cafe. We ate a delicious breakfast outside and thoroughly enjoyed the warm weather. Then, Dan took me to get some canvases and paint for a new project I’ve been wanting to work on (Sweet guy). We finished off our afternoon with some donuts and a few episodes from season 2 of House of Cards.
It was the perfect Valentine’s week, and it’s been a fabulous Friday!
I hope your day has been filled with love.