Oh, hey Friday, good to see you. And good to see YOU! Thanks for visiting my blog. 🙂 This is what I’ve been up to this week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Dan will be finishing his first week of training in just a few hours. He has been super busy, overwhelmed with information, and completely excited. I’ve loved seeing how hard he has been working and how happy he is. His journey to becoming a Studio Tour Guide is starting off wonderfully. I can’t wait for him to see it all through and to take his tour! 🙂
2. After reading Veronica Roth’s Divergent Series, I have been anxiously waiting for the movie to come out. We got to go see it this week, and I was really pleased with how they brought the story to life on-screen. The book to movie translation was pretty incredible. Turning books into movies is a dangerous business. The movie can end up too stiff if it stick too closely to the written words, or sometimes the movie strays so far from the literature that it feels like a completely different story. I think the filmmakers did a great job maintaining the integrity of the book while still creating a great movie. I read the books and loved the movie. Dan hasn’t read the books, but he really enjoyed the movie too. It’s such a colorful story, the kind that is meant to be seen. I guess it’s done well enough that the second movie in the series, Insurgent, is already green lit. Can’t wait to see it! (Also, it must be said, I totally love Shailene Woodley. I think she’s a fantastic Tris, and I’m stoked to see her take on Hazel Grace in The Fault in Our Stars.)
3. Ever watched a commercial and wondered, “who is that person on my television?” Well, you are not the only one. Apparently there is a website where you can ask that exact question, and someone will track the actor down. I have often been the person wondering who the actor on-screen was, but this week, I became the actor someone tracked down.
I can’t tell you how strange it was to see people posting about me and the commercial that I did. Mostly, it’s just exciting. I am really proud of the commercial, and I am thrilled that people are liking it. I just hope it means more commercials and acting projects will be coming my way in the near future. Thankful for the support! Check out what was posted below:
4. Spring Peak has come early! I’ve been working full-time at Universal this week. So happy to have shifts and to be saving some money. Such good news. I also got to car pool to work with my sweet heart. The perks of working with your spouse. 😉
5. Be Okay by Oh Honey. This song feels good to me – like spring, like summer. I love the melody and the lyrics. It’s been on my mind a lot lately. I like to write/draw words… phrases, lyrics, quotes, etc. Lately all of my doodles have been from this song. I just wanted to share the goodness. 🙂
Here is the song if you wanna check it out:
Happy Days, friends. Have a fabulous weekend!