Hello Friday, my old friend. I’ve come to add a post again…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I am THRILLED to share that Dan took his test to become a Tour Guide this week, and he PASSED!!! I am so proud of all the hard work he has put in. It has been an intense couple of weeks, but he pushed through. His first day is tomorrow, and he’s gonna rock it. Can’t wait to see him walk into the break room in that uniform. Congratulations Babe!
2. I’m fairly certain that I have the best friends and family in the world. They have all been so supportive and encouraging during this crazy time for Dan and me. A constant outpouring of positivity. I am so thankful for their presence in our lives.
3. Speaking of thankful… I wrote a post earlier this week about gratitude. It was my 100th Post! It felt like I needed to write something meaningful. Lately, I have been feeling overwhelmed with gratitude for all the things in my life – large and seemingly small. There is so much to be thankful for. Gratitude: 100 Posts
4. I finished a fantastic book this week called Red Rising. It’s the debut novel of a young author named Pierce Brown… I was blown away when I found out this dude is only 26! His book is impressive as is, but add to the fact that it’s his first and he’s that young… insane. Red Rising would probably be classified as Sci-Fi, but I think it’s a lot more than that. It’s about a 16-year-old, so it could be YA, but it’s a little darker than some of the others to come out recently. I’ve seen it compared to a lot of other books – Ender’s Game, The Hunger Games, Game of Thrones… apparently anything with “game” in the title. I’d also throw in Lord of the Flies. It certainly has similarities to all of these books. If you are a fan of any of them, then you should absolutely check it out. Red Rising is set in the future when humanity has been able to settle on other planets. A Caste System has been put in place, and everyone is born into a Color. Reds are the lowest in this Color Caste System, and Darrow is a Red. His world (Mars… because that’s where he lives) is turned upside down when he finds out his whole life is built on a lie. Eventually, Darrow is forced into being the center of a building revolution… Red is Rising. I can’t tell you how much I loved this book! I almost started reading it again as soon as I finished it. I read it on my Nook so I even went out and bought a hard copy so Dan could read it, too. I am also excited because it is so new… Red Rising only came out in January. It’s fun to have found something before it becomes the band wagon everyone jumps on. However, I am pretty positive this is going to be next band wagon, so you may as well hop on now, folks! Pierce Brown has two more books coming out in this series about Darrow. I cannot wait to read what he comes up with next!
5. National Siblings Day was celebrated this week! So, of course, I had to bust out all of my favorite photos of me and my big bro. We may not have always gotten along, but I love the way our relationship has grown over the years. I am so proud to be your little sister, Jer!
Good night, friends! Have a happy weekend!