Did you know yesterday was Friday? Oh… so it’s just me who gets the days of the week confused. I see. Well, you can pretend it’s still Friday – especially since it is a long holiday weekend! 🙂 This week has been fantastic! Here’s what going on…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. We had a super fun and full visit with my mom and dad. (As my dad put it, “We did a lot of walking and a lot of eating.”) We wandered around like tourists and went to Santa Monica, The Walk of Fame, and Universal Studios. Of course, we went to several of our favorite restaurants (Pitfire Pizza, The Republic of Pie, and Aroma Cafe), and even squeezed in a movie and a few rounds of UNO (we play to win in this family). It was such a lovely weekend, and I am so happy I got to spend time with some of my favorite people. To top it off, my parents are also celebrating their 30th Anniversary! That’s a pretty big deal. 🙂
2. So, we definitely had to go take the Studio Tour while we were at Universal. I decided it was Dan’s turn to give his tour for us since I hadn’t seen it yet. Well, as I expected, it was awesome. I am so proud. 🙂
3. The life of an actor can be a strange thing. Weird hours, sporadic pay, lots of driving, crazy costumes, and a whole lot of fun. Well, this weekend I had to take my family with me to a last-minute audition. Dan and I picked up my parents and the four of us drove straight to Santa Monica. They all sat in the car while I went in for about 15 minutes, and that was that! Then, we went to the beach to grab some lunch and walk the pier. While we were on the pier, I had a tragic accident. I was minding my own business, staring dreamily out at the ocean, when all of a sudden… I got pooped on by a seagull. I was so shocked I screamed and startled everyone around me. It was quite the scene so we got a couple of pictures. I thought it was too funny not to share. According to my FB friends, getting pooped on by a bird is supposed to be good luck. I have never heard of this before, but I told them that hopefully that meat I would book the commercial I had just auditioned for. Well, guess what? I DID! (HAHAHAHA!) Sure enough, just a few hours later my phone rang. I couldn’t believe it. What am I taking from this? Always bring your family to your auditions and go to the Santa Monica Pier afterwards. 😉 Just another strange thing that can happen in the life of an actor.
4. Recently, we have formed a special event committee for the Studio Tour at Universal. We want to create enticing activities for everyone to get involved in. This week we decided to combine charity with a whole lot of fun. The Studio Tour is having a food drive to help MEND poverty. We asked everyone to bring a donation as their entry into an epic game of Capture the Flag on the Backlot. We got to use our historic western sets as the setting for our game. How cool is that?! Everyone got a little work out in as we ran back and forth trying to steal each others flag. It was anyone’s game for a little while, and then the team with the best strategy won. It was a really great time, and I can’t wait to get out there and do it again. It’s so awesome to see people getting involved and those boxes of food continue to fill up. Have I mentioned I love my job?
5. I booked the job! And this week I filmed the commercial. It might have been the best time I have ever had on set. I had such a wonderful time, and I am so thankful for this opportunity. Huge shout out to my agents at HTG Artists for getting me out there. I can’t wait until I can share more with all of you.
Have a happy and safe Memorial Day weekend!
Thank you to all the men and women serving our country. We truly are the home of the free because of the brave.
Until next Friday.