Heya! I hope you have had a good week, friends. Let’s get to it…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. So, I have yet to put up a Pinterest post about it, but I have been super crafty as of late. I’ve painted canvases, I’ve painted tables, I’ve painted myself. It’s been quite fun, I must say. I am not necessarily an artistic person, but I’ve really enjoyed trying my hand at this. I can’t wait to show you what I’ve been up to! Look for that this week.
2. Memorial Day was this week. A day to honor those who gave their lives to protect our country and our freedom. I am so thankful to be reminded of courageous heroes who made this country what it is today. It also meant there was a long weekend and lots of barbecues. The Studio Tour was no exception! We were treated to a fantastic barbecue catered by Lucille’s. (If you are in L.A. check them out!!) the food was so good. I was so happy to help out with this event, and to take the ladies who catered on my tour afterward.
3. P90X3. That should be enough said. Tony Horton has done it again. A couple years ago I completed P90X – a super challenging three month long work out program. Well, I decided to give his 3rd installment a shot. I should have known better. 😉 I have sore muscles that I didn’t even know existed. I’ve made it through the first week, and I am ready to keep going!
4. The brilliant and wise Maya Angelou passed away this week. This event makes me terribly sad, but I was so moved to see her words cover every social media outlet I came across. What a powerful thing! I was so encouraged and inspired by all that I read. I wish we would share things like that more often.
5. We have not been to Disneyland at all in May. We just haven’t had a chance! This is the first month where we weren’t going to be able to go since we became annual pass holders. I can’t tell you how sad this makes me. Well, today Dan and I both had the idea to just make a break for Anaheim when we got off work tonight. It was insane (and totally normal) that we were both contemplating this idea. A spur of the moment trip to Disney for the evening sounded like just what we needed. I am in the car as we speak… uh… as I type. I am so excited!!! This is the perfect end to my week. Pictures to come, I’m sure. 🙂
Pictures are here: