Friday has almost come and gone, but there’s still time to sneak in a little…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. One of the coolest kids I know turned four, and I got to celebrate with him! We had a great time partying like pirates at Phin’s birthday party this week. Being a big kid is fun!
2. I have spent most of the last week training Universal’s latest class of Tour Guides, and it has been a really neat experience. You all know that I love my job… seeing other people fall in love with it is awesome. I have really enjoyed watching to each of these Guides in Training as they learn the information, put their tour together, and put their own personal stamp on it. I can remember exactly what it was like to be in their position – the challenges and the excitement. Getting to be a mentor and a source of encouragement has been the highlight of my week. I am wishing them all luck as they get ready to test next week!
3. There has been a Gratitude Challenge making its way around Facebook, and I was asked to join in this week. Basically, the challenge lasts five days, and each day you have to share three things you are grateful for and then challenge three more friends. Seeing my news feed flooded with so much positivity and thankfulness has been such a breath of fresh air. We can all get so caught up in complaining about the things that don’t go our way. It’s easy to forget all of the beautiful things that exist in our lives. There is so much to be grateful for.
4. Speaking of gratitude, the 13th anniversary of the attacks on 9/11 was this week, and every where I turned people were sharing their stories, lifting each other up, and stopping to remember those we lost. I am so thankful for the people who gave their lives and those that still fight to keep us safe. I can’t believe it’s been 13 years. I will never forget where I was when I heard the news, the emotions it made me feel, how it changed me. I will always remember 9/11 as the day I truly discovered what it meant to be proud to be an American. We will never forget.
5. This was particularly meaningful to me this week. I think it might be my new mantra… I need a theme song… 😉
Happy Friday, lovely people! Until next time!