It’s Friday! You know what that means…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. It’s officially FALL! My most favorite time of the year. I am a little biased because all of my favorite holidays start rolling in… Dan’s birthday, my birthday, Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas. There is just something about the last few months of the year. You can feel it in the air – things are changing, shifting, moving. It’s that back to school feeling, ya know? A blank slate, a new beginning. The one thing I am missing is the actual shift in the air… it is still blazing hot outside here in California. I know, I kinda signed up for it when I moved to L.A. I do love that the sun shines and the weather is beautiful year round. Most of the time I am totally satisfied and happy about that. But this time of year, I miss that crisp fall air, the crunching of the leaves under my feet, snuggly sweaters, and being immersed in the beauty of Fall colors. There is nothing like it. I am craving a trip somewhere I can really experience the change of season… we shall see what adventure comes my way.
2. Going to the movies is my favorite. I get excited every time I am in the theatre waiting for a film to begin. No matter what I am watching, there is always some moment that makes me just burn with the desire to do what they are doing – those actors up on screen. Every movie just propels me forward, teaches me, and helps me figure out what I am looking for as an actor. This week we got to go see two movies I’ve been looking forward to. First was The Maze Runner. Dan and I had both finished reading the book, and we were excited to see how the brought it to life on-screen. I was really pleased with what they came up with! I might have even liked the movie better than the book (GASP! I don’t think I have ever said that. Ever.) The story just works so well on film. They also tightened up some of the details and fleshed out some of the things that were hard to imagine as I was reading. I’ll definitely go out to see the next film when that comes out. The second movie was This Is Where I Leave You. We have been waiting to see this all-star cast in action for months. There are just so many actors I love in that film! The relationships were so fascinating to watch, and the family dynamic was so original. I would probably call it a dark comedy…people trying to face tough situations with a little humor. Like real people. 😉 I loved getting to see Tina Fey do something a little different. She is just the best. Also, I adore Jason Bateman, Rose Byrne, and Corey Stoll. I will absolutely see that movie again. Soon. 4.5 Stars at least!
3. Tuesday nights have become one of the best parts of my week. For the last month or so, Tuesday night has become the hang out night for me, Dan, and our buddies. I love that this has kind of become the routine… whether we are getting dinner, seeing a movie, playing games, or just acting like crazy people. It’s always a good time. I love you Tuesday Night Crew.
4. It’s been a while since I’ve been able to go hiking, but Leah and I made it happen this week! It was refreshing to get up and head out into nature (Even if we could see the smog over the city) first thing in the morning. We went to our usual trail of choice, Fryman Canyon. It’s nice that it’s just so close by, and we know we can get it done in an hour. Always good to spend time outdoors… and with Leah… even though she likes Disney Slow Jams. 😛
5. #TGIT!!!!! Fall shows are back! Guys, I watch entirely too much television. (It’s part of my job… stop judging me. Guess I should work on that too.) BUT it is just so good. These days I feel like television > movies in most cases. Which is what is bringing to many movie stars to the small screen. What I am most excited about is Shondaland Thursdays on ABC. Grey’s Anatomy has been one of my favorite shows since it has been on the air. Scandal has rocked my world since I started binge watching it. Now, How To Get Away With Murder is looking like it will be my favorite new show. Thank you Shonda Rhimes for playing such a large role in bringing powerful women to television. I can’t think of anything more amazing than to land a series regular on a Shonda Rhimes show. There. I said it. I am going to reach for that dream, and in the mean time I will keep watching these awesome characters and the fabulous actresses who bring them to life.
Fall into a great weekend, everyone! (See what I did there? 😉 But really…)