I know… I’m late. It is in fact Saturday, but I swear I have good reason. This week had been insane! And super fun. Believe it or not, I started typing up this post on Thursday, added to it Friday, and finished it up on Saturday. It’s been a work in progress. (Just like me!) So, without further ado (or, ya know… excuses), here it is…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. My family knows how much I love October. This month I have already been showered with letters and gifts! I love getting “snail mail” and little surprises. I’ve never thought that gifts was one of my love languages, but I sure do like them. So thankful for the thoughtful people in my life.
2. It was time for some Fall fun so this week we decided to go apple picking! There is a really beautiful place about an hour and a half from the city called Oak Glen. They have several miles of orchards, restaurants, petting zoos, and shops! It’s really neat to travel a short distance and find a place that doesn’t even feel like California. We set off with our fabulous friends to pick some delicious apples, drink apple flavored drinks, eat apple flavored things, and pet adorable farm animals. We also got to see some real Fall colors! That in itself was worth the trip for me. 🙂 What a refreshing day.
3. Y’all, when it rains, it pours. In a good way! This week I have had SIX auditions. SIX. It all just happened so quickly. I feel like work often begets other work. The real work as an actor is the hustle, the auditioning, the preparation, the driving all over town. I’ve been a real working actor this week, and it’s been a thrill. (Exhausting, but a thrill.) My excitement must have been evident because while I was in the waiting room for one audition, I was approached by a casting director and asked to audition for this production as well. Unexpected moments like this are part of why I love this adventure so much. Here’s to the hustle!
4. Pumpkin bread is my favorite seasonal treat! It’s also my favorite thing to make and share. The recipe I use (Thanks Grandma!) makes two loaves at a time. So, Dan and I agreed that every time I made pumpkin bread this year that I would have to give away/share the second loaf. It’s worked out pretty well so far. Today I get to share a loaf with my VIP Co-workers as we have a Fall Potluck! Guys, this time of year is the best.
5. I couldn’t possibly tell you how many times I’ve read the Harry Potter series. They have been my favorite books since I was in 6th grade. I was 11 years old when I was first introduced to the series – the same age as Harry, Hermione, and Ron. I grew up with them! Every time I reread the books they make me laugh, cry, and wish I’d gotten my Hogwarts letter. Every time I discover something new, or something I love even more than the time before. Lately, I’ve been trying to resist the urge to pick them again (and pick something new), but you can’t fight love. So I’m reading them and falling in love all over again! So happy to be back with Harry, Hermione, Ron, and the rest. As J.K. Rowling says, “Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home.”
Happy Friday! I mean Saturday… Happy all of the days! 🙂