Oh, what a week! Birthday celebrations and fun all week long. Y’all, I have felt so loved. Check it out…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Dan and I have lots of anniversaries… So many important and special dates that we remember as we add more years to our relationship. This week was our engagement anniversary! 5 years from the day he got down on one knee in front of a mixed crowd of strangers and friends. 5 years from the day he pulled out a ring and asked me to be his wife. My heart is so full when I think of those memories. If he asked me again today, my answer would be the same. Yes!
2. So, it was my birthday this week! (Yay Birthday!!!) We did lots of fun things to celebrate. First, we continued a really great tradition. For the second year in a row, we welcomed in my day of birth by getting street tacos in the middle of the night. This might sound crazy, but it’s actually convenient. We were getting off of work in the middle of the night anyway, and our favorite little street taco cart pops up on our corner late at night on the weekends. Too perfect not to be tempted. 🙂 The tacos were delicious, and my birthday had arrived!
3. Whenever there are presents, I am like a kid on Christmas morning. I was thinking about that this week… I have never thought of gifts as one of my love languages, but man, do I love opening thoughtful gifts from loved ones. I so appreciate the presents, the phone calls, the texts, the social media posts. Day made.
4. I wanted to do something a little different for my birthday this year… So, Dan put together a fabulous birthday brunch with a few of our closest friends. We went to The Castaway in Burbank, and oh my gosh, this place is gorgeous. Delicious food with a ridiculously beautiful view of the city. It was so lovely. I guess I’m a grown-up now. (Or maybe not!)
5. This was my Golden Birthday! (Just in case you are wondering what that means: your Golden Birthday is when you turn the age of your birth date) That’s right 26 on the 26th. I had been excited to celebrate this one for a while. I even made a goal on my 101 in 1001 to write myself a letter on that day to be opened in 10 years. So, that’s what I did! I took some time for myself to think about what I have accomplished so far and all that I still want to do. I wrote a letter about who I hoped I would be in 10 years – my goals, my dreams. There may have been a few reminders and some advice, too. And bullet points, because, ya know… I’m me. I probably still will be 10 years from now. 😉 I have tucked it away into a safe place, and I can’t wait to open it on my 36th birthday.
I had a fantastic birthday and really wonderful week. Thank you all for making this girl feel so special.
And HAPPY HALLOWEEN!