Oh, hey Friday! Don’t you look nice… It has been a fun couple of weeks. So, here is what went down…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. My beautiful niece, Macenna, celebrated her 8th birthday! She is one special little girl. Smart, silly, and sassy to boot. She’s also my mini-me so I might be a little biased. I can’t wait to see her next week!
2. I wrote another post earlier this week. It felt really good. Sometimes I forget that I can post on more days than Friday. You can check out the post on my new theme here: Taking up space.
3. The Hackman’s took a trip this week! We flew across the country and traded in our sunshine for snow. We spent a little time in Baltimore and a little more time in Harrisburg. Sometimes it’s just nice to have a change of pace and scenery. We got to hang out with family, eat lots of delicious food, go to Chocolate World, and just relax. It was a really wonderful trip, and I’m so glad we got to go!
4. Of course, the most important reason for our trip to the East Coast was time with family. It had been a few years since we’d been able to see Dan’s side of the family, and it was far too long! We had such a great time catching up with them and creating new memories. Family is so important and we are so thankful for them. We are going to make sure it’s not so long between visits next time. (I wish I had gotten more pictures with family, but these are pretty cute.)
5. Guys. I got to go see Jimmy Fallon this week! If you don’t know, Dan and I are HUGE fans. We watch every episode. The Tonight Show has become one of my favorite shows with Jimmy as the host. When we found out he was coming to L.A. for a short stay, we were desperate to get tickets, and we made it happen. I’ve been to a couple live tapings now, and this is far and away the best one I’ve been a part of. It was everything I wanted it to be! Jimmy was so energetic and charming. Steve Higgins and The Roots are just awesome. Plus, we got to see Vin Diesel, Carl Reiner, Kobe Bryant, and the Saved By The Bell Reunion. It was pretty epic. The only thing that could have made it better is if Jimmy found out there were Tour Guides in the audience and sang Tramtastic with us! If I could go see every taping of The Tonight Show, I would be there. I seriously love you, Jimmy Fallon. Maybe one day we can be friends. 🙂
That’s all I’ve got. Happy Friday and have a good night!