The 100th Edition is here! (Seriously?!) WHOO HOO!!! I can’t believe that I’ve kept this up. Thank you to everyone who is still reading my updates and thoughts on life. It means more than I can say. I’ve got some really great things to share. Without further ado…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. The World Famous Universal Studio Tour is about to welcome some brand new guides to our “Tramily.” I got to help out with the open call, the first impression the candidates make on the Studio Tour management. It’s such an exciting environment to be in, and I love meeting the folks who walk through the door. I am also looking forward to getting to know the trainees better next month – I’ve been asked to be Trainer again! I am so thrilled. I truly love getting to know our new guides, helping them craft their tour, and getting them pumped up to work for an awesome company. See you soon, future Guides!
2. As an actor, having a social media presence is becoming more and more important. I’ve been trying to up my game. Put myself out there a little more and gain some likes and followers. Social Media is not always fun or as easy as it sounds, but it is certainly useful! This week I passed 1,000 likes on my Facebook Actor Page. I am so overwhelmed by the support from my friends and family. You guys are THE best. I am unbelievably grateful. If you haven’t followed, liked, or looked yet… check it out! Click the above link for my FB Fan Page. You can also find me on Twitter and Instagram as @JoannaHackman.
3. I love Disneyland. I love my family. Put the two together and you get a whole lot of love. And a whole lot of fun! We got to spend about 72 hours together at The Happiest Place On Earth to celebrate my Dad’s 60th birthday and my Grandma’s 75th. Huge Celebration! It was so fun to catch up with my family and ride our favorite rides together. There is also something so special about seeing Disney through the eyes of a child. My 8-year-old niece was so excited all the time. I have so much love for that place, and even more love for the people who enjoyed it with me.
4. My family had another reason to celebrate on this trip – my big brother got engaged! He had been planning and waiting for months to propose to his amazing girlfriend, Sabrina. He picked the perfect spot for them – Ariel is her favorite so he proposed right in the middle of the Ariel ride. So cute. We were all waiting to congratulate them after. Including her family – which was a total surprise! I’m so glad I was able to be a part of it. My bro is so happy and Sabrina already feels like family. I am finally getting the sister I always wanted. She was totally worth the wait. Congratulations Jeremy and Sabrina!
5. It’s Oscar season, y’all! My awesome, talented friends got together and wrote a short musical piece about all the Best Picture nominees. Dan and I both got involved and had a blast. He was asked to play J.K. Simmons/Fletcher from Whiplash – which he was perfect for. I was so excited to be asked to play Felicity Jones/Jane Hawking for the section about The Theory of Everything. They did an amazing job putting it all together, and I am so proud to share it with all of you. So, for your consideration – Best Picture: The Musical…
Thanks for stopping by to see the 100th Edition of Favorite Five Friday!
There is more to come. I am working on some new ideas and some changes. So, keep an eye for more Acting Up coming your way.