Friday! Friday! Before an awesome weekend, let’s take a look back at the week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I have needed a new passport since I changed my last name… Five years ago. It just never seemed too pressing. Well, now that we are traveling to Europe, it is necessary. Dan and I were SO excited when our passports arrived this week. It makes this trip seem that much more real. It’s happening! There are so many places I want to go. I can’t wait to fill this baby up. I’m officially travel dreaming.
2. Time for a Disney Date this week! It’s been a little while since we went and spent a whole day – so that’s what we did! The best part was that the park was so empty. We practically strolled into all the rides. We got to move at a leisurely pace, and do everything we wanted. It was a pretty perfect Disney day.
3. As a student at UCB, I get to go see free improv shows! Pretty good perk, huh? It’s hard to find the time to see as many as I want, but I’ve been trying to see a fair few. I love watching these people succeed at something I am learning to do. It helps it to make sense in my head. Plus, it’s just a really good time! Hilarious, honest moments unfold right in front of you. And sometimes moments don’t work quite the way the improvisers want them to. That’s actually a neat thing to see. It makes it feel okay to risk big and to fail. Not every moment is perfect. Perfection isn’t the point. And that feels great. I’m thankful for these shoes that make me laugh, think, listen, and dare to do more.
4. We finished The Office, and my heart is a little broken. I’m so happy to have seen it all, but I’m sad it’s over. I had no idea how much I would love this show… I’m almost embarrassed to admit it. It has certainly claimed a spot on my list of favorites. I feel like there are very few shows that are capable of being as simultaneously hilarious and heart-warming. The ensemble and character work on this show makes that spark inside of me that tells me “you’re an actor” blaze. I want this so much. I want to be a part of something like The Office. I’m so proud to be a fan of this show. If you haven’t seen it… Do yourself a favor.
5. The last episode of The Office might be one of the best series finales of all time. It was just so perfect. Again – hilarious and human and emotional. My favorite characters are absolutely Jim and Pam… My favorite part of the episode was a little speech Pam made toward the end. It resonated quite a bit for me, and I just thought it was worth sharing:
Go after what you want! And act fast…