FRIDAY! It’s here. 🙂 But before that…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Guys, I have to give a shout out to my GPS. Really any GPS system… I am directionally challenged to begin with, but living in L.A. is a whole other story. I have been driving all over the place for auditions this last week (Whoo hoo!), and I would have gotten lost several times without it. You know when you move and you have to get used to your new area? And how to get to and from there? That’s still what I’m experiencing. So, I just had to say I love technology and my GPS.
2. I am a proud trainer! My “kids” tested this week and we are bringing on about 35 new guides. It has been so fun seeing all of their posts/pictures in uniform and with their new name tags. That fresh excitement is exactly what we need around here as we head into a busy summer season. Congratulations, guys! Welcome to the Tramily.
3. One of the reasons we are about to get busy is because we racing toward a Supercharged Summer! Universal has added in a new element to the Studio Tour where you are thrown into a high-speed chase with Dom, Letty, and the Fast & Furious crew. This week we had an employee preview event for the new attraction. I love working for a company that wants all of its employees to see the theme park elements first hand. They treat us to dinner, have fun activities (photo booth, anyone?), and give us free t-shirts! We had a pretty great night. I’m excited to share Fast & Furious: Supercharged with the rest of the world. Come check it out this summer!
4. I hate to write about this here because it is not a favorite thing… But I need to share. After bringing home our two beautiful kittens, one of them stopped eating. We took Jim to the vet only to find out that he had a very serious and fatal disease. Dan and I were and are absolutely heartbroken to have lost Jim, especially so soon. We are so grateful to the wonderful people in our lives who have been lifting us up and showering us with love and support. It was exactly what we needed. The best news to come out of this is that our little Jack is healthy. We had the vet (who is an amazing woman) do essentially every test there was… all came back clear. Of course, we are watching him closely and prepared for more check ups, but we are so relieved. It’s amazing how fast you can fall in love with these little guys. This is one of the hardest things Dan and I have been through together, but I am so thankful we have each other.
5. Speaking of… today is my 5th wedding anniversary! I can’t tell you how strange it is to say that. 5 whole years have come and gone since I became Mrs. Hackman. It’s unreal. Actually, it’s pretty great. My husband is my favorite person on the planet. He is hilarious and makes me laugh constantly. He encourages me, challenges me, and supports my dreams. He works hard at everything he does. He is one of the most generous people I have ever met. He likes to keep things clean and organized as much as I do. He loves to surprise me with gifts. He tells me how beautiful I am every day. He makes me feel like me… the very best version of me. He loves me through it all. I don’t know what the next 5 years will hold, but it doesn’t matter. Just knowing we will face it together is enough. Daniel, I am childishly in love with you. I always will be. Happy 5 years! Here’s to (at least) 50 more!
Oh, Happy Friday!