Welcome back! It’s that time again…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Dan is the best gift giver. He often surprises me with sweet little presents for no reason at all. Lately he’s brought home a few new editions to our growing “nerd collection.” Super appropriate as we get closer and closer to our trip to London and visiting Warner Brothers for their Harry Potter tour!
2. I’ve never spent a lot of time exploring downtown Los Angeles, but I have friends who are very familiar. This week I got to explore DTLA with the best guide around, Trevor! We tried a delicious new coffee spot straight from SanFran called Philz. That alone was worth the trip downtown. I highly recommend the ginger snap iced coffee. I want to go back and bring all my friends. We explored a bit of the flower market and I loved getting to recreate my wedding bouquet in my mind. Then we hit the Grand Central Market, and I don’t know when I’ve smelled anything so yummy. It took some time to decide which place would get our business for lunch, but we ended up with some awesome pizza from Olio. And finally we hit The Spheres at MacArthur Park. They are these lovely orbs being painted by people in the neighborhood. It was quite the adventure! Trevor, thank you for the fabulous date and for being one of my favorite friends.
3. Audition turned Call Back is always a good thing! That was a highlight of my week. Here I was with my mind already in Europe and then I had to bring the focus back to my career. Not a bad reminder to live in the moment. I never want to wish time away – even if I’m excited about what’s to come!
4. Girl’s Day is the best. My beautiful besties and I treated ourselves to lunch and a mani/pedi together. It was the most relaxing and refreshing afternoon. We got to enjoy each other’s company and make some great memories. I’m so lucky to have them in my life.
5. Europe is just around the corner! We’ve had such an outpouring of love from friends and family. People excited about our trip, folks sharing their experiences, helping out with recommendations for food and fun. I just wanted to say thank you so much for reaching out! It is so appreciated. I can’t wait to share our trip with all of you… You know, after we get back. 😉
Happy Friday, friends!