Another week gone by and it’s finally feeling like Fall in L.A. The cool weather is the breath of fresh air I needed. It’s been a refreshing week…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Halloween! It’s my favorite. Dan and I took off work so we could go see The Nightmare Before Christmas – Danny Elfman live at The Hollywood Bowl. Dan loves the movie so I got tickets for his birthday, and we’ve been so excited to go. We decided to make a day of it. Neither of us could figure the last time we had a Saturday off. We went out for breakfast, wandered a farmers market, and went to a used book sale at the Burbank library. Is this what normal people do on the weekend?! Then we watched a scary movie and got ready for the concert! It was amazing. We had never been to the bowl, but we will definitely be back. Since it was Halloween they had trick or treat stations all over passing out candy, and tons of people were dressed up. Danny Elfman was phenomenal, and I just about died when Catherine O’Hara came out to sing Sally’s song. My favorite part was when the two of them came out with Paul Ruebens to reprise “Kidnap The Sandy Claws” – the original Lock, Shock, & Barrel. It was perfect. I’m so glad we went! It was an excellent Halloween.
2. The cool weather has been so welcome. I have been relishing opening our windows, sipping hot apple cider, lighting my favorite fall scented candles, and snuggling up under blankets. It makes everything feel new! I’m ready for sweater weather, y’all.
3. Fall has always been my favorite season. I love Southern California and our endless summers, but I do miss the fall colors of Utah and Tennessee. There is something so special about those color changing leaves, the cool breeze that whips them through the air, the crunch of them under your feet. I am missing that desperately right now. I asked my friends on FB to post pictures of their Fall colors so I could see, and boy, did they come through! Friends, thank you for sharing your Fall with me.
4. NBCUniversal’s 30th Annual Actors Showcase is only a week away! I am so thrilled to be a part of this. I can’t wait to share the stage with some of Universal’s most talented so we can show this industry what we’ve got! We are ready. 🙂
5. I have a new obsession. Ever since we got back from Europe I have been devouring Diana Gabaldon’s Outlander series. This is serious. These books are all around 1,000 pages and I’m on the 5th one. I think I might have a problem. Haha! But that’s okay. I am so fascinated by the history, characters, romance, and fantasy of it all. I mean, time travel and 18th century Scotland (among other places)… It’s kind of awesome. So, I’m declaring my obsession. I’ve got Four more books to read and a TV season to watch. I am not ashamed. Also… Take me back to Europe!