Heya! Another week, another post…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I made a really big decision this week. Honestly, I’ve been thinking about it for almost a year now… I cut my hair. This might now seem like a big deal, but it is to me. Actually, I think I’m going to write a whole separate post on this one. Stay tuned. But in the mean time… Here’s my new hair! I love it.
2. Well, I finished the Outlander books, so it was time to watch the show! I dragged Dan along for the ride, but he’s a fan now too. Promise. The show was gorgeous and told the story so well! Of course, I will always veer in the direction of the books/original source, but they did a really great job. I can’t wait for season two. More kilts, music, accents, and scenic Scotland views. I’m ready!
3. The Golden Globes were on this week! I love watching these shows – seeing how the stars interact, cheering for my favorite films, discovering new shows/actors, hearing some inspiring words. We had a great time watching it with our friends. Even if we had to rewind it a few times to hear what actually happened. Even if my ballot sheet was so, so wrong. I’ll get ’em next time.
4. On top if that, The Oscar nominees have been announced! I definitely have a few more films I need to see. I love the way awards season pushes me into watching more great films and giving a chance to movies I may not have seen otherwise. Hopefully I’ll do better on my guesses for the Oscar ballot. 😉 You might remember this time last year Dan and I were part of Best Picture: The Musical! Here it is if you don’t remember or you need to get into that Oscar season state of mind: https://youtu.be/LkkzQqG97wo
And keep an eye out, there will be more coming your way… If you want to help us get it rolling, check this out: Best Picture: The Musical – Round 3.
5. A very sad thing happened this week. A fantastic actor who brought many incredible characters to life lost his battle with cancer. Alan Rickman was one of my favorites, and he played an important role in one of my most beloved series. What a terrible loss. It made my heart so happy to see just how many lives he touched as the social media posts came rolling in. That is worth celebrating! So that’s what my friends and I did. We put on our favorite Harry Potter t-shirts and we drank mimosas in his honor. Here’s to you, Mr. Rickman. Always.
Happy Friday, my friends!