January is almost over. How is that possible? You know what they say, time flies when you’re having fun…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. First Disney trip on the year! We got together with our besties and made our way to Anaheim for an adventure. It was even more of a treat when we realized all six of us had gone to Disney together on the same date the year before. In honor of the occasion, we recreated our Space Mountain photo… it’s pretty impressive. The parks weren’t too crowded and the weather was perfect. Nothing better than the Happiest Place on Earth with the coolest people around.
2. A couple years ago I stumbled across a book called Red Rising, and it blew me away. The author, Pierce Brown, had just landed on the scene… and he was killing it. I was so impressed by his storytelling ability and the characters he brought to life. Also, it’s Sci-Fi meets Fantasy which is completely up my alley. I became obsessed with this book, and I made everyone I know read it. (Be honest. I did you a favor!) The best part was, there were going to be two more! A trilogy. I love getting hooked on a good series. And hooked I was… make that am. I am hooked. A year after the first book, Pierce Brown knocked me over with Golden Son. Dan and I became such fans that we even went to a book signing to meet Pierce. He is awesome, by the way. Dan wants to be his best friend. Golden Son might just be better than Red Rising, and it that’s true… I can’t even imagine what book three will be like. I won’t be waiting much longer! Morning Star will be released the second week of February! I’ve been getting ready for it by rereading the first two, and man, do they stand up. SO GOOD. If you have not read these books, do yourself a favor and get on that. And lucky you… you won’t even have to wait a year for the next one. 😉 I can’t wait to get my hands on Morning Star and see where this beloved trilogy ends up. You better believe the Hackman’s will be buying two copies. Ain’t nobody has time to wait around while their spouse reads the book first. 😛 😉 We will see you soon, Pierce! Also, be gentle… I’m a little scared for what’s to come.
3. Thanks for all the Christmas love, family! Because of you I was able to get myself a new Nook. 🙂 I received my first one as a college graduation present from my awesome Aunt Jill, and have used it to death. Literally… it barely holds a charge anymore. It was time for a new one! I love reading from a good old fashioned book with paper pages, but, y’all… I love my Nook. It’s so awesome to have a little library I can just carry around with me. It also makes it easier to read at night after I’ve taken out my contacts. Lying on your pillow with glasses on is just obnoxious (can I get an amen?!), but with the Nook, I can adjust the lighting and the font so I can see. Pretty darn great. I swear I wasn’t paid to write this… But I really do love my Nook!
4. We got a membership to the YMCA. I love it. It’s so nice having a place to go and work up a sweat. Especially one that’s right around the corner! So convenient. I had been getting a little lax in my work out routine, but I am proud to say that so far this year, I’ve hit the gym at least 4 times a week. Not too shabby. But I’m only getting warmed up (see what I did there?) It’s time to kick it into gear and make 2016 my strongest and healthiest year yet!
5. Guys. My husband is awesome. Today he did laundry and made me a delicious (and healthy) dinner. And he is waiting patiently while I finish this so we can watch some more DareDevil (it’s great). He’s pretty cute. And I’m pretty lucky. I think I’ll keep him. 😉
Make this the best week of 2016 so far!