Friday and I’m feeling good! Actually, I’ve barely known what day it was this week. So, Friday and it’s quite a surprise. 😉 Here’s what’s goin’ on…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. It’s Oscar Season! Some of the most talented folks I know got together and put all the Best Picture Nominees to music. This might sound familiar because it’s our third year running. Every time things get a little crazy, but the amazing minds behind the scenes always come through in the end. It was a dream come true to play one of my favorite actresses, Rachel McAdams, for her role in Spotlight. So, I guess I’m playing Rachel McAdams playing Sacha Pfeiffer. That’s complicated – ha! Anyway, it was fantastic. The finished product is pretty great. Please check it out and share!
2. Valentine’s Day is not exactly our thing. #OhThoseHackmans aren’t necessarily opposed. We just don’t feel like it has to be celebrated to the extreme. Not to mention, you think of getting flowers for the occasion, and our kitties have made that pretty much impossible. (They’re naughty). But this Valentine’s Day was perfect. Dan worked in the morning so I got a little me time… So needed! I got to workout, read, watch some shows, do some cleaning. It was all pretty refreshing. That afternoon I was off to meet Dan at Universal. The Wizarding Worls of Harry Potter does not officially open until April 7th. However, there have been sporadic tech rehearsals happening for this themed land. No guarantees, just the possibility of a little magic. Well, that’s exactly what we got. As soon as we entered the gates, I started to cry. It was everything you want it to be and more. We shopped at Honeydukes, stopped by the Owlery, peeked into Ollivander’s, strolled the streets with mugs of frozen Butterbeer, and stopped by the Three Broomsticks for some delicious English Fare. We also rode a sweet little coaster called Flight of the Hippogriff, and we explored Hogwarts Castle as we waited for our turn on Harry Potter and The Forbidden Journey – which might be the most incredible ride I have ever been on. I cannot get over just how immersive this world is. It was hard to believe we were still at Universal when we left Hogsmeade behind. I am still blown away by this wonderful experience. I can’t wait to go back – there is still so much wonder to find.
3. New hair means new headshots! I had a blast getting some great looks with Kat Tuohy. She’s an awesome photographer with an ability to set you at ease and make you laugh. I love the shooting environment she sets up. You can’t beat natural lighting in Santa Monica. I’m still working with my agent to pick some official shots, but here’s a few favorites.
4. Guys. The third book in the Red Rising trilogy is out, and it rocked my world. For the second year in a row we went to Book Soup to meet the author, Pierce Brown, and have him sign our copy of Morning Star. Get this, he is so awesome that he remembered us. And he signed out book to “Oh Those Hackmans.” Love that guy. Love his stories. Love that we now have a signed copy of each of his books. Such a nerd, such a Fangirl. Morning Star was the perfect end to Darrow’s story. No details, no spoilers… The book is too new. But read it. I’m already itching to begin again.
5. Jimmy Fallon is back in Los Angeles!! I love that he’s made this a yearly thing. We got lucky again this year, and ended up with tickets to the show. We saw JLo and Jay Leno – saying their names out loud together makes me laugh. Snoop was supposed to be there, but apparently got stuck on the 405 and never showed up. L.A. is a crazy place, y’all. Especially when it rains. Jimmy handled the whole thing like a total pro – never missed a beat. He was as kind and charming as you’d hope. Man, I love that guy. Watch The Tonight Show… It’s awesome. And maybe one day you’ll see one of us up there with Jimmy Fallon. 😊
I hadn’t realized what an awesome week I had until I wrote this. And that’s exactly why I have this blog. Thankful for such a great week.
Have a wonderful weekend!