Friday is back! How was your week? This is last week in my world…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Sometimes I start writing a post and for one reason or another, it just sits in my draft folder unfinished. A month ago I sat down to write about why I cut my hair, but it was a little hard for me to share. Well, I finally finished it and posted the piece. The response has been overwhelming. So many women have reached out to me to say they can relate. It’s mind blowing to hear that the idea of long hair equaling beauty is so widespread. I think it’s time to put a stop to that stigma. Ladies (and gents), you are beautiful no matter what length your hair is! You rock what ever style makes you feel like you.
2. Dan has been begging me for years to watch Dr. Who. I also have many friends and acquaintances that love the show, and the pressure to watch it has been a little too intense for me. I thought I could probably get into the show, but I just needed to try it in my own time. Well, we started watching a couple weeks ago because I told Dan I was ready. (I’m sure it had nothing to do with reading that Diana Gabaldon got the idea for Outlander from watching Dr. Who… Not at all.) Truth time, five seasons in and I am officially hooked. It’s everything the nerds said it would be. And I am proud to now be one of them! If you aren’t already a “whovian” and you’ve always wanted to see what’s beyond our galaxy, it’s time for you to check out the Doctor.
3. I loved seeing the Internet explode with awesome to celebrate International Women’s Day! So much positivity, encouragement, and love. I feel so blessed to be surrounded by my amazing tribe of women. They inspire me daily.
4. My husband is the best. He gets a shout out this week for getting our groceries, doing the laundry, and going shopping with me for some new clothes. He’s the ultimate partner. You’re my hero, babe. I’m thankful for all you do.
5. Today is Jack’s 1st birthday! I love my little shoulder cat an unreasonable amount. He is a ray of sunshine every day. Morning snuggles with him are my favorite! He hasn’t even been in our lives a full year yet, but I already can’t imagine life without him. Happy Birthday, Jack Donaghy The Cat!
Have a great week, y’all!
Happiest of Fridays to you. 🙂