Friday, you have never looked so good! The rest of my week wasn’t so bad either…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Little Lemon turned ONE this week! The three best words to describe her are spunky, sweet, and chunky. She constantly makes us laugh with all the ridiculous things she does. We also fully appreciate the many snuggles from this sweetie. Both our babies are one! We haven’t had them for a whole year yet, but it’s safe to say they’ve made our lives better. I adore being a cat mom. Happy Birthday, Liz Lemon!
2. You know when you are so busy and exhausted that you could just fall asleep anywhere? And you finally get a chance to relax, but you can’t because your mind is overwhelmed with thoughts of what you still have to do?! Ugh. It’s an endless cycle, and it’s endlessly frustrating. Well, I’ve been trying something new… I’m giving myself permission to relax. When I know I have a day off with some time to unwind, I will “plan” to do that. I have found that if I don’t plan this, give myself permission, I end up sitting there feeling guilty and stressed. What a waste of time! So, I’m changing the perspective and the thought process. When I want to, I will give myself permission to sit on the couch and do nothing. Without worry or stress or guilt! Sometimes you just need that. How am I feeling so far? Much more relaxed, thank you.
3. We celebrated Easter this week! Resurrection Sunday has always been a special time in my life. Sometimes it’s easy to go along each day and forget the sacrifice Jesus made for me, to forget grace, to forget love. Easter brings that all right back into perspective, and I’m so grateful for it. I shared one of my favorite bible verses in my Speaks To Me Sunday post, and it had me reflecting on our purpose in life. Jesus rose to his purpose so perfectly, and I am in awe. He is Risen, and I am eternally grateful.
4. I was in a commercial a few months back, and this week I saw the finished product! To see me get my sassy face on…
5. We are a week away from opening The Wizarding World of Harry Potter at Universal Studios Hollywood, and I am getting excited! My husband did something very sweet to celebrate, he got me my very own Hermione wand! (I might have cried). He knows me so well. If you want to see just how much this meant to me, check out my Instagram (@JoannaHackman) and read the caption for this photo. Now that I have my wand, I am ready for some magic!
Enjoy April, fools! 😝 (See what I did there?!)