Oh hi! It’s been an incredibly busy summer… Which means I haven’t been able to write a Friday post in a couple weeks. Don’t worry, I’m still here! I hope you are too. 🙂 Here’s what we’ve been up to…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. We officially completed Whole30 AND our reintroduction phase. We added in off plan food groups one at a time to see how they make us feel. Neither of us experienced any issues. Now, our challenge is figuring out how and when to incorporate foods that we know aren’t super healthy. We have both felt so good on Whole30, and we don’t want to give that up. But we would like to add back in a little more variety! So, we are taking it day at a time. So far, so good. We have learned so much by focusing on this experience and what we eat. It’s safe to say we are better for it and we will continue this journey.
2. We wrapped our fantastic commericial class with Laurie Records. Talk about a learning experience! I thought I was pretty savvy about commercials having been cast in a few and auditioning quite a bit, but this opened my eyes to a whole new level of commercial acting. (Yeah, it is definitely different than for TV and film.) Each week we got to “audition” and then watch our tape afterward. As an actor, it’s so beneficial to be able to see what you look like on camera. It’s certainly helped me remedy (or at least make a start) a few bad habits. I’m also hoping to focus more on confidence and fun in the audition room. I think it will make a world of difference. Thank you, Laurie!
3. Time with friends and having a community is such an important thing for us. We’ve loved hanging out with awesome people over the last few weeks – some visiting from out of town, some our regular pals. This quality time is everything.
4. Dan started up softball again! It’s so fun to watch he and our coworkers battle it out on the field. (That works for sports, right?) It makes it even better knowing how much Dan loves it.
5. We’ve been getting out of the house more often, and it feels great. Dan and I can be serious homebodies. During the summer, we are pretty exhausted after our work week. Plus, we love snuggling in at home with our kitties. But there is a whole big world out there! We’ve been trying to be a little more adventurous and exciting. It actually seems to make us a little more energized than staying in. Cheers to more adventures!