Friday! The week is coming to an end and so is summer. That definitely brings a mix of emotions for me. That nostalgia for back to school days and the relief that a busy peak season is winding down at work. We are certainly trying to enjoy the last weeks of summer…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. Dan and I have become such homebodies over the last year. I blame our cats. They are just so cuddle-able. 🙂 But we’ve decided we need to get out more. So, we have been running around LA and exploring the city. In the last couple weeks we’ve gone to Echo Park for picnicking and pedal boating, we adventured downtown for some delicious coffee at Philz and to check out Skyspace LA (a great exhibit in LA’s tallest building including an outdoor glass sided slide!), and we’ve eaten at many delicious restaurants – my favorite was The Griddle Cafe and their delicious pancakes! It’s safe to say we are having a great time, and we’ve got plenty more stops on our list.
2. Because of all our outings, we have been going on so many more dates, and it’s been awesome. I think that sometimes when you are married you do things together for habit, convenience, etc. It’s been great to set specific time aside to go on real dates, to intentionally spend time together. It really makes a difference. So happy he’s my forever date.
3. The Giving Keys is a fantastic company with an inspiring story. I’ve long been a fan of the gorgeous jewelry they make and the reasons behind it. I’ve been wearing their “Brave” necklace for more than a year, but I just added another to my collection. I’ve been experiencing some worries and anxiety about the future lately. Something my mom well knows! She had The Giving Keys make a special necklace for me – “Peace.” It’s exactly what I needed. Aren’t moms the best?
4. It’s almost vacation time! (And not a moment too soon. We have been seeing pictures of our Europe trip last year pop up, and it’s making us anxious for adventure.) This year we are headed to Orlando for Universal and Disney! Because as you know, we not only work at a theme park, we also love visiting them. We might be crazy. Haha. But we are so excited to go explore, ride all the rides, eat delicious food, and enjoy some much needed time away and time with each other. The countdown is on!
5. Lemon and Jack are still here. And still the cutest. It’s absurd how much I love them.