Hello Friday! How was your week? Mine was exactly what I needed…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. For the first time in a year, I got to go home! My family has come to visit us here in California, but I hadn’t been to Utah since December of 2014 (even typing that makes me cringe). It was far, far too long. I’m so happy we had the opportunity to spend a week kicking back in Salt Lake City with family and friends. Sometimes you really do just need to get out of town. It was wonderful to just be somewhere else for a bit… It was even more wonderful that that somewhere else was home.
2. One of the best parts of going home is the opportunity to see the small handful of friends that I know will always be in my life. Some of them have stuck by me since the 7th grade! We’ve been through so much together (being a teenager is a tough time, ya know?), and they will forever hold a place in my heart. We are all so different now… Families, careers, homes, and adventures… But we always find our way back to each other. I couldn’t be more thankful for them. (I wish I had gotten pictures with everyone I saw!!)
3. Speaking of those friends… This year is my ten year high school reunion. Insane. I can’t believe it. I won’t be making it home for the reunion this summer, but it was nice to meet up with my buddies and have my own mini reunions. You certainly realize who is important in your life after so many years away! Part of me wishes I could go to the reunion. There are a few people I would certainly love to see again, but I’m glad social media helps us stay connected. Happy Ten Years, Cottonwood Class of 2006! May the next ten be your best yet.
4. It goes without saying that a trip home means family time. I’m so lucky to have such a great one! We got to share meals, see movies, reminisce and catch up. I will treasure doing all the “normal stuff” (shopping, driving around, watching TV, waking up in the same house, etc.) that I so rarely get to do with my parents anymore, every conversation with my grandma, aunt, and cousin, and playing with my beautiful niece. I miss them already.
5. I might have buried the lead… But I was saving the best for last! The whole reason we went to Salt Lake was to be there for my brother as he married an amazing woman! I am so proud of my big brother and the man he has become. He has fought so hard to create the awesome life he is now living. It was truly a blessing to be there and be a part of Jeremy and Sabrina’s big day. So much joy! I couldn’t be happier for my brother and my new sister!
I’d call that a good week! I hope yours was excellent too.