This week just flew right by! The details are all a little blurry, but these are the things that came to mind…
FAVORITE FIVE FRIDAY
1. I’ve spent a lot of time with Netflix in the last week. Season 2 of House of Cards was released, and the binge-watching began. What is it that’s so appealing about settling in for hours of television? This is a serious question because I know it is not just me. Binge-watching is the new way to watch TV. For me, I just have to get to the end. I’m desperate to know what happens so I just keep watching. I believe I watch this way because of my curiosity as an actor. (Maybe I’m just lazy, but I would prefer not to view it that way). I digress… It doesn’t matter why, how, when I watched it. Ultimately, what matters is that I did. And it was awesome. I feel like I should be paying Kevin Spacey and Robin Wright for master classes in acting. They are both ridiculously talented and such a thrill to watch. Do yourself a favor and check out Season 2 on Netflix. If you don’t have Netflix, do yourself a favor and get on that.
2. Back at Universal for multiple shifts over President’s Weekend. A happy time was had by all! 🙂
3. Every year the Academy Awards roll around, and there always nominees I know nothing about. Maybe it’s just a title or two I haven’t seen. Sometimes it’s an entire category that I know nothing about. I’ve been trying to improve my knowledge of these unknowns. Each year I see more films, and I try to be well-informed. This year, Dan and I crossed a new one off the list. We went to see a screening of all the Live-Action shorts. Living in L.A. certainly has it’s perks, and getting the chance to see the less mainstream works is one of them. It was very cool, and they were all very well done. Now, when I fill out my Oscar ballot to make my guess on what will win in the category, I will actually have an opinion instead of just picking the name I like best.
4. I was going through old photos on my hard drive this week, and of course I found pictures from my high school theatre days. I know a lot of people don’t look back on high school fondly, but I really loved it. (Okay, not all the time. But a lot of the time.) I came across pictures from doing Grease. That show was such a learning experience for me. It was one of the first times that I didn’t play the “nice girl.” I felt uncomfortable about being cast as Rizzo, but I ended up having a lot of fun. When I look back on it all, it’s a great reminder that sometimes being forced out if your comfort zone is the best thing that can happen to you.
WordPress won’t let me upload video for free, but in case you wanted to hear a little of me singing “There Are Worse Things I Could Do” – here is a link to where I posted a short clip on Instagram. 🙂
5. The Disney Parking Pass. Such a good investment! It makes impromptu Disney trips possible. 🙂
That’s all she wrote! Happy Friday, Friends!